Long ashes to all from Toronto

ndtoronto

• 4 months later...

Hey Lads

Glad to be finally a member of what I think the best and most informative Cuban Cigar Website on the net. I am not a huge cigar smoker as our winters here suck and you cant smoke inside anywhere anymore and that includes my own house (wifes rule). I have been smoking for 3 years now but it may just be 2 or 3 a month. I buy alot more then I smoke. I have bought all my boxes of cigars in Cuba as the cost makes it obtainable to pick up multiple boxes for much cheaper then a single one would cost here. I am a member of other forums and like to lurk and read but if I have a question that I need help with or can add to the conversation I will.

My favourite cigar has to be the R and J Churchill. The last one I smoked was absolutly perfect. I got to smoke it at the swim up bar at my resort in Varadero. I agree with all of you that this is a passion that can become a burden on the chequing account but we all have alot of fun doing it.

I currently have an aristocrat mini humi that I have not seen yet as I have been away training with the military. I cant wait to get home on Saturday to pull one out and smoke it. These are the only pics I have so far of it. The wife has been taking care of my Havana Hotel for me

image7039.jpgimage7040.jpgimage7042.jpg

» Welcome mate and thank you for the intro :ok:

»

» I must say that I have never visited Varadero. Is it worthwhile and where

» do you stay?

I stay at the Hotel Palma Real. It is right on the main strip of Varadero and only a stones throw from LCDH -I did'nt plan it that way. We have been there twice. The first by chance because we had no idea what we were getting into as far as resorts were concerned. Reading reviews of diffirent hotels in Cuba are mixed some are great some are poor. Palma Real seemed to have more pros then cons so we picked there for the first time and the second time we went with what we knew. The lobby bar closes at 12pm but the drinks are strong enough and the bartenders will give you mix and let you make your own if you want with your own alcohol or there is Calle 62 a bar a block away that has all the locals dancing and people from all the resorts come to the street party that happens.

Looking forward to go back againimage7044.jpg