» A friend of mine got his hands on a Bolivar Libertadores RE. (FRANCE) It

» was the same size as a sublime.He said it was one of the best cigars he

» smoked. Are they as hard to get as he said?

Yes. They are a French ER and French dealers are not allowed to ship out of the country. X:-|

» Yes. They are a French ER and French dealers are not allowed to ship out

» of the country.

But they are around - and not in France only.

If you can't find them, PM me. I have a source I think or would guess will be able to offer them (not the cheapest source - but a reliable source).

Regards,

DC

» Not allowed to ship IN the country either.

Correct: France has a retail sales monopoly on manufactured tobacco products. Cigars, cigarettes, pipe tobacco etc. must be sold over the counter. Same in Spain I think.

» Anyone know how much these go for in france? May try and pick myself some

» up next week.

Is there a list (with associated cities) of authorized cigar stores in France that stock the Libertadores? I too have been after some and have had no luck. I do have a work colleague who goes to france every couple months and just perhaps if there is a retailer near his home ...

I picked up a Bolivar Libertadores RE last year while in France. It is still in my humidor. I bought it at a great shop in Lyon. I think I traded it for an Opus X. I was told people go crazy for Opus and Padron. The beautiful lady that owned the shop was as glad to try the Opus as I was glad to try the Bolivar. I can try to hunt down the name of the shop for you. Let me know.

» Is there a list (with associated cities) of authorized cigar stores in

» France that stock the Libertadores?

Except for the 20 largest retailers in France, shops dont stock Libertadors or any other cigars except a box or 2 of the most popular vitolas. In Paris or Lyon, you'll probably find a box; elsewhere? - Forget about it. You'll have to have the shop order it for you.

» » Anyone know how much these go for in france?

»

» Yes: 17 EUR a piece. No other price or discounts allowed, no matter how

» many you buy.

Christ alive, French tobacco taxes have been soaring in the last ten years! I suppose they are big f-ers but are they worth it?

» » » Anyone know how much these go for in france?

» »

» » Yes: 17 EUR a piece. No other price or discounts allowed, no matter

» how

» » many you buy.

»

» Christ alive, French tobacco taxes have been soaring in the last ten

» years! I suppose they are big f-ers but are they worth it?

Personally, I liked the ones I've smoked. They tasted like a mix of Cohiba and Bolivar to me.

They tasted like a mix of Cohiba and Bolivar to me.

Holy cow! A mix between a Cohiba and a Bolivar?? Now THAT would be pure heaven!!

» They tasted like a mix of Cohiba and Bolivar to me.

»

»

» Holy cow! A mix between a Cohiba and a Bolivar?? Now THAT would be pure

» heaven!!

Yes... talking about the original realease in 06 shortly after release. The cigar was medium bodied in the beginning, with cacoa notes, hence the "Cohiba" reference; I dont recall it being grassy, though. Possibly also influenced by the vitola, the only other Sublime I know being the Cohiba EL 04? Nobody else I talked to thaty tried the cigar agreed with me. Anyway, the cigar was a good medium bodied cigar. I've smoked about 10 of them.