Looking at a cigar

What are some of the things I should look for in the cigar itself when trying to determine if a cigar is authentic. I have found lots of stuff concerning what to look for on the box, in the packaging, on the cigar band, etc., but not a whole lot on the cigar itself. I know to look at the quality of the cigar, the way the head is wrapped, lack of stems in the foot, lack of filler, proper length and ring gauge and the pattern of the leaves in the foot. As for taste, I have found that characteristics of the cigars I have tried have varied which leads me to believe I have probably had a few knock offs. This has left me somewhat confused. What else should I be looking for.

You need to know how it should taste. The only way is to buy a genuine cigar from a reputable manufacturer.

Even when procuring bona fide habanos, cigars can vary widely. That's why you need to know what the taste should be.

» You need to know how it should taste. The only way is to buy a genuine

» cigar from a reputable manufacturer.

»

» Even when procuring bona fide habanos, cigars can vary widely. That's why

» you need to know what the taste should be.

That would certainly be ideal, but I know I'm not there yet. Being able to better identify the potential fakes would help quite a bit. I'm sure it'll take a while to build any kind of a reputation here, so until then I'm just hoping that I get it somewhat right.

I do not look at the cigars for authenticity. I look straight at the man who sells it to me. I have avioded fakes by purchasing cigars from two or three individuals, period. If Rob sells fakes I got a **** load of them.;-)

» I do not look at the cigars for authenticity. I look straight at the man

» who sells it to me. I have avioded fakes by purchasing cigars from two or

» three individuals, period. If Rob sells fakes I got a **** load of

» them.;-)

I agree. Problem is I can't look them in the eye where I am.