macallan 12 year old \'elegancia\'

not a huge fan of scotch even single malts, but picked up a bottle of this on a trip recently. i have found that macallan is usually the best whisky for my palate. this was matured in casks previously used for fino and oloroso from jerez. anyone any thoughts on it, perhaps someone more of a malt fan than myself. i thought it very good but just not quite as smooth as i'd hoped.

i've drank a few scotches over the last while and my personal favourite atm is johnnie walker gold label. that said though, i'm planning on expanding my selection to be alot larger. scotches on the list are:

dal'whinnie 18 y.o

glenfiddich 30 y.o (for that perfect night)

ardbeg 15 y.o

dimple 15 y.o

the list goes on... and although i haven't tried the glen 30, the rest are awesome! =D

I have only had a single glass of Macallan 18 yr old - just don't have the coin for a bottle. But it was the second best Scotch I have ever had, Yesterday, as a gift I picked up a bottle of Macallan Cask Strength. Still about $55 US, not the $200 for 18 yr old. I'll share after I taste it this evening.

BTW - My favorite is one hard to come by, I think all is held in hands of private distributors now, which is "The Classic Cask (of the Millenium)", 35 yr old, limited production. It was produced and bottled by The Glenaden Distillery in East Kilbride. But itsn't available through them.

It is gifted to me by the owner of the product line - I could never afford it. Last time I checked (2005) it was about $400 US. Today it would be probably $600 due to the crappy US$.

» The 12yo is okey, but you´ll have to try the 18yo. Its a keeper!! A little bit more expensive, but sometimes you just have to get drunk with a little class..