cuban vs non cuban

I think Padron 1926s are as good as anything I have had. A different flavor profile, but they are superb. I have had several superb Tatuajes as well. Arturo Fuente Don Carlos No. 2 is a great cigar. I have had a few Don Pepin Garcias that are outstanding, but more often than not they are inconsistent.

Many non-Cubans that I previously enjoyed are much less appealing to me since I expanded my universe to include habanas. Some of the finer Ashtons come to mind.

I've seen the quality control @ Perdomo's Esteli facility and would have to say there is not better QC in the industry. Every step is at least double checked and when they have a problem from a customer or retailer they are on it like fiends until they figure out a solution!

• 4 weeks later...

» i smoke cuban cigars for almost 5 years now and they are great... however

» recently i wondered about how the non cubans taste like... their prices

» are almost the same as cubans where i live(australia)... so far i've

» tasted a few from CAO a few from puros indios, ghurkas and macanudo... and

» i find them not as good as the cubans...my fav are (HDM epicure1 and cohiba

» siglo 3)

»

» am i smoking the wrong non cubans? or they simply just dont have what it

» takes to rival cubans?

Like others suggested the Padron 1926 Serie, and also the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero.

» » » am i smoking the wrong non cubans? or they simply just dont have what

» it

» » » takes to rival cubans?

» »

» » We have these discussions from time to time - I recently mentioned an

» NC

» » that I enjoyed myself.

» » But at the end of the day, if I may use a wine analogy, it's kind of

» » saying I love French Bordeaux

» » from the St. Julien AC. Recently, I tried some Italian wine from the

» Rosso

» » Piceno DOC of the Marche

» » region. It didn't really taste like the Bordeaux.

» »

» » It shouldn't.

»

» well said... gonna stick to my cubans and order a box of vsgs... opusX are

» a little too expensive... any other NC suggestions for a cuban smoker might

» like?

Honestly, I am new so maybe this plays into it. At CP we have had numerous blind tastings and it all points to one thing that I have seen. Maybe some here could tell better than others, but sometimes a NC can taste just like a CC. One example would be Cabaiguan Guapos. I know it has fooled many very experiences cigar smokers. Others have done the same as well. Just food for thought. :) I would suggest trying some aged Opus, Cabaiguan, VSG, and for something good yet not like a CC try a nice Arturo Fuente Anejo. Plenty of other good sticks as well that won't taste the same but have a very nice flavor profile. Such as Dunhill signed range, Ashton ESG, Padron 64 and 26 maduro, Illusiones, etc etc. Just if you wanted to try something those would be a wonderful place to start!! just my personal .02 though! Take it for what it cost ya!

Don

Knowing well and to a limited extent working for the Padron family for some time has been a great experience and I am a little biased towards them regarding NC's. I dont think anyone has a greater quality control standard anywhere in the world. With that said the 1926's have become little more than a change of pace cigar for me. Personally, I dont think the flavors compare but more interestingly I dont see the progression of flavors throughout a particular cigar like I do in even the smallest cubans. Im hooked on the cubans myself and thats coming from someone who was very diehard Padron no more than 10 months ago.

» I'm really pleased to hear your offer but My humidor is currently

» filled..:crying:

Aha, now we know why you won the Oris.

Bought a lot of tickets.

Wiley, these Orientals.:wink: