What\'s the General Opinion on the new RyJ Petit Piramides?

I dunno, I tried a couple so far and...

A) They didn't really have that EL flavor as far as I could tell, nothing like an old time EL

B) They almost tasted like a fresh RyJ Belicoso but less spicy and more something else

C) Somewhat lighter shade wrappers than I've come to expect

I still liked them, just not what I was really expecting from this cigar.

» Seemed too harsh and under-developed right now. Might be good given a little time. :-|

Cliff's right. This is not in the 2001 EL class. I rate them somewhere between the 2003 Hermoso #1 and 2004 Hermoso #2 at this time. In other words, OK but nothing to get excited about.

I have only tried one -- so I may be completely off. I was underwhelmed. It had the harshness of a young EL, some toasted EL flavor, but no real interesting flavors that some of the other better ELs had when young. Since it is an RyJ that is short and fat, I will compare it to the 01 Robustos. The Robustos, when young, had a deep coffee flavor imho. They were better. I think that the Hermosos No 1 and 2 are much better. More complexity and most importantly flavor.

Now that being said, who knows how they will develop. They could turn into great sticks.

When I first tried them about 6-8 weeks ago I was really underwhelmed as another commentator put so well. Having said that, I smoked a few in the past several weeks and really liked their down and dirty flavor, especially in such a small package. Then again maybe my opinion will change in another two weeks.

I ordered a couple of singles of these and smoked one. I was underwhelmed. Still a good cigar, but not what I was hoping an EL would be. I put up the other as an ante for a World Series bet, but I'll probably order a couple more to see how well they develop.

The R&J petit piramide right now is nothing to write home about...

It has a very bland dark bean type flavor to it that is lacking in the richness that is more prominent in the regular production belicoso...

That blandness though I have tasted before in the past and with age has developed into a dark coffee flavor that leaves a nice aftertaste in the mouth...

I am hoping this one will evolve with more age also... :sleeping: