H. Upmann Sir Winstons

Unfortunately I wasn't in a place where I could take notes or photos to do a full scale review. The craps table is not the best place for taking notes! :-D But I just tried my first Sir Winston tonight. I grabbed a couple of singles last summer and never had the chance to fire one up -- usually gravitated to the cigars I've always enjoyed over the years like Romeo y Julieta Churchills, Hoyo DCs, Punch DCs, Boli CGs, etc.

But wow! What a beautiful cigar. Wrapper was a nice dark Colorado color. Still had a slight oily sheen with a little bloom even. Construction was great -- no hard spots or soft spots. Clipped the cap and noticed a perfect draw at cold. When I fired the cigar up, it was perfect. Nice creamy smoke, with leather, cedar, coffee and chocolate notes. It was not an overly peppery or spicy cigar -- just pure clean flavors. The cigar burned perfectly every step of the way. The first 2/3rds were pure bliss. The last 1/3 of the cigar started harsh. I removed the band, touched up the burn and the harshness largely went away.

I can understand why Prez and others have recommended these. I enjoyed the Sir Winnie even more than some of the RyJ Churchills I had last year. I'm glad I have more on the way!

I have to agree, HC7. The Sir Winston is one of my favorite cigars.

Was the one you smoked recent production? The ones I've smoked have been from '03 and were (are) very good. I've read that the Sir Winston needs at least ten years but even at five they're hard to beat.