birth cigar

i have my first child due on christmas day (sara and i are stupid excited), and i am narrowing my selection of pass out cigars for friends and family. what do you think i should select?

factors to consider: i am having a girl, and for some weird reason i want a cigar that is worthy of celebrating a girl. i don't want anything in your face bold, but nothing way on the mild side either. i also don't want a small vitola, but nothing too big that will be time prohibitive. finally, i am looking for something a little different from what i normally keep well stocked, so that it will be a little more special.

my initial thoughts are ryj beli or ex.3, vru, coro or sancho beli. i smoke them all, but not in near as high numbers as many others.

any other thoughts? good opportunity to pad your post count, lol.

PSP2 or how about the VR Famosos. For the Chinese, red is the color of good luck and gold is symbol for wealth. Both good for celebrating the birth of a child. PSP2 with the bold red band and the VR with the gold band. Congrats on the soon to be new addition.

That depends, are you buying enough to share with you FOH brothers too?;-) An early congrats and I hope things go well over the next few months. Sancho Beli is one of my favs so I would have to go with that vote of the ones you listed. Just noticed you had CoRo listed, I would chose that over anything listed with Sancho Beli second.

I would suggest splurging on a box of Esplendidos. That way you can smoke one on everyone one of her birthdays and share one when she gets married with her husband (assuming she doesn't marry past 24).

Congrats Chris! Life as you knew it is over! As for a cigar to pass out to friends and family, and since your wife will be having a girl, then my suggestion is simple.

Cohiba Lanceros

Plenty of flavor, complex, not too mild yet not too strong, elegant and refined, Classy!

BTW, Aren't I your long lost Brother?

hehehe, got to work on being part of the family side for a free mooched cigar ya know.........

pre congratulations are due. So Congratulations it is.

I'm with Goatlocker, the petite beli is the way to go. Its small like a baby girl and a pretty cigar which I'm sure she will be.

» Congrats!

»

» I'd pick up two types of cigars. Good ones for cigar smokers and cheap

» throw aways for nonsmokers. Regardless if the cigar is nice or not, those

» people will pitch them after a couple puffs.

I have to agree, why waste money on the nonsmokers / non cigar smokers. They are not going to appreciate the experience of their lifetime. Anyway if you give them a great cigar, they wouldn't know it even if it hit them over the head.

Well, some folks might feel a little insulted if you hand them a swisher sweet, and the person next to them a Cohiba, lol. Besides, a couple hundred $ is but a drop in the ocean compared to what this little princess will eventually cost! :lol: