Best tubos available at this site?

» Just curious what everyone recommends. Monarch tubos are #1 for me.

I am not a big tubo smoker, but I do love the current RyJ Short Churchills in Tubes. I have not tried many other current offerings.

I have some old Punch Churchill Tubos I like (from around 1997) and I have some Upmann Monarch Tubos from the same time period, but they may have become too mild for me.... I liked them both when they came out.

My favorite all-time tubo? No question. Dunhill Estupendo. Good luck finding one. They are out there, but the last time I checked, the price was about $400 to $700 per smoke! They are incredible. I think I prefer them to Davidoff Dom Perignon's which is no small statement. Still I am not sure even this masterpiece is worth anything near what they go for these days.

» Just curious what everyone recommends. Monarch tubos are #1 for me.

tubos, no question, Romeo y Julieta Churchill Tubos

Questions, when you buy/get a tubos, how do you store them? Just putting them in the humidor, unscrewing the cap, or taking the cigar out of the tube? I usually just unscrew the cap.

cheers

Probably I'll be the only one saying this, but I like the H.Upmann Coronas Jr. Tubos.

Not a fancy smoke or my favorite, but I find it a good all around smoke to carry an open when you are on the road or fishing. Also a good cigar to give away to not regular cigar smoking friends.

I live my tubos open at the humidor.

I leave my tubos closed up tight and then when I open them to smoke them they have a heavenly aroma. I don't see a lot of advantage in buying tubos and then not using them to keep the cigars partially sealed up.

I would add to the list above, Bolivar Tubos #3s, these are a tiny cigar with a lot of flavor.

» I leave my tubos closed up tight and then when I open them to smoke them

» they have a heavenly aroma. I don't see a lot of advantage in buying

» tubos and then not using them to keep the cigars partially sealed up.

»

» I would add to the list above, Bolivar Tubos #3s, these are a tiny cigar

» with a lot of flavor.

I used to crack loose the caps until managing that became a pain due to volume. I simply throw my Tubo's in my humidor now. They should age fine without being opened (or god forbid, removed from the tubes.)

I age my vintage tubos in the tubes... For me, this is mainly a few Dunhill Estupendos...

Cigars certainly age differently in tubos.

I have not figured out my favorite way to store cigars, but I am leaning towards Porcelain jars lately. They are a pain to manage, but the results are always very good!

Cheers,

DC