H. Upmann Connoisseur #1

Loki

This is my first review.

H. Upmann Connoisseur #1

DTF June 04

This cigar would be classified as a Hermoso #4 5"x 48

This is a nice looking cigar with medium brown wrapper with a nice sheen. I preformed my usual prelight inspection which includes a visual inspection and the squeeze. No reason to even light up if it fails the squeeze test. This cigar cut nicely and the prelight draw had that signature Upmann flavor. This cigar started out medium bodied with a lush draw and produced copius amounts of smoke. This soon changed to a full body with great coffee and cream flavors with a decent amount of spice. Nice balance for a young cigar. I had to nub this one due to the long lingering coffee finish.

I'll have to give this one a solid 90.

I've got the same vitola and code...probably from the same vendor!

I've smoked 2. 1 was classic Upmann flavor with a medium body and tons of smoke. The other was almost acrid ala a sick PSD4.

IMO they are going to be awesome in 2-3 yrs. If I get another sick one they'll live that long too.

When it became apparent that the 49ers were not going to put up any kind of offense, I headed to the back porch and smoked the 00 Connoisseur. Started out with lots of cedar and built from there. A good bit of spicyness, not pepper, but definately burning the tongue. Also had that pefume flavor I don't care for. No coffee or cream, but a nice draw and lots of smoke. Accompanying beverage was some Old Cave 12yo Tawny Port from Australia, which didn't really pair too well with the cedar and perfume of the cigar. Hope the 04 is better.

» Nice review.

»

» I have not explored the Upmann line that much...a box or two of #4's, a

» handfull of 46 and lonsdales....the Conn #1 may be one worth checking

» into.

I love the Sir Winstons, Super Corona's...excellent...unfortunately cant get the super corona's as they are discontinued.

Thanks for the reveiw. I was gifted one the other day and have not tried it yet. I like the Monarchs, Mag46 and #2. Still havew a few on the discontinued Amatistas.

• 2 weeks later...