Hello from Southern California

IncaKing

Hello and greetings. I was referred here from another brother of the leaf while at the Big Smoke event that was held this month in Las Vegas. Thanks sbarrel. This site rocks!

I was told that this is the place to learn and share experiences on what we love--Cigars. I was also told that Lisa and everyone at Friends of Habanos are great.

I'm glad to finally find a site like this, especially after several bad experiences with other sites (no names mentioned to protect the guilty that sell fake Cohiba's).

When I'm not smoking a Monticristo #2, my latest cigar of choice is anything from Pepin. Wow, that man can make a mean smoke.

Anyway, hello again and for you in a cold climate, it was 70 degrees today in sunny Southern California. If I could send you some warmth, I would.

Welcome IncaKing!

We love referrals as we tend to get kindred spirits.

I haven't really sampled enough Pepin cigars to comment but I look forward to chasing a few down.. any ones you recommend?

Welcome Aboard! Aaarrrggghhh. . .

The stuff Pepin rolls for Pete Johnson under the Tatuaje and Cabaiguan brands are very good. I like the brown band Tatuaje and the new Black Band as well. The Red Bands for a cheaper smoke as they are rolled in Nicaragua instead of Miami. They have a Nicaragua Corojo wrapper which gives them a different profile.

Try the Cabaiguan Guapo, Corona Extra and Petites and the Tatuaje 2003 Cojonu and Noella. The Noella Reservas are excellent.

I have not tried any of his own brands other than the Blue Label Magnates which I thought were ok.

Greetings and welcome to FOH. Great intro and I believe you will find a wealth of information available to you here. I also agree that a lot of the Pepin cigars are tasty. I've sampled a few and besides Padron, Don Pepin Garcias cigars are my favorite Non-Cubans currently.

Tampa