HdM Piramide or DC

Well I've got one of each resting, and have to choose one of them to smoke tomorrow night. I'd much prefer to go with the milder cigar, but they are both a first for me. Is the Piramide a very strong cigar, because though two years old, it certainly smells it, while the DC has a much milder aroma with a hint of vanilla (obviously pre-light). Once again thanks for any help.

» » hoyo dc is a damn classic. no choice in my book.

» Pyramid all the way. Most would agree that by far it is the best El their

» is. The DC is mild and one dimensional. (IMO that is) Only have 10

» Puramids left but almost a full box of the DCs

The last HDM DCs 03s that I smoked were hardly one dimensional, granted they are medium bodied but oh what a cigar definitely one of my faves. IMO.

Go with the DC

I love both. The DC is milder and a slow relaxed journey. The pyramid is an absolute classic. But if you're not tobacco seasoned it could knock on your butt, like it did me a couple of years ago. The problem was it was just so good I couldn't put it down. ;-)

I am starting to have serious questions about the HDM Pirimide LE longterm ageing potential.

I likes them better when they were released. It might be an abberation and we will have a definitive answer in a few years.

» I am starting to have serious questions about the HDM Pirimide LE longterm

» ageing potential.

»

» I likes them better when they were released. It might be an abberation and

» we will have a definitive answer in a few years.

I too agree these where excellent when first released. The last one I had was almost 2 months ago and I still liked it alot. We shall see how much it changes with time. Hopefully it will age well but one never knows till the time comes.

» if you went with the dc, what did you think?

Yeah, I went with it, and was a bit disappointed. I think it may have been a bit too mild for the occasion because I could not pick up any discernable flavours, other than a slight bitter/ammonia after taste. I smoked about the first 2 inches, but bailed on the rest because of the room setup of the place I was at. I will pick up another of these though and give it a fair chance. I smoked it after I had had a lot to eat, and even more to drink, and I'm guessing that this detracted from the cigar.

The last DC I had was too mild for my taste. I figured this would be a contender, given that it was from '99 but now the search is on for an even older exemplar of this cigar. It was nice, but too subdued. And I enjoy milder cigars, so this was a dissapointment. That said, I haven't smoked enough of these to judge them yet. Just what I've had have been a bit of a let down.

I like the HdM pyramids, but it's been a long while since I've smoked one. Time to light another up and see how my box of these are coming along.

» I am starting to have serious questions about the HDM Pirimide LE longterm

» ageing potential.

»

» I likes them better when they were released. It might be an abberation and

» we will have a definitive answer in a few years.

I hate to admit it, but my DEC03's have been getting less, rather than more flavorful in the past six months. Not sure if this is just a "phase" they're going through, or what... I'm tempted to smoke them up, but will leave some for longer term research.