latest on R&J from havana

R&J have been copping a bit of a bollocking of late in this forum. this is the latest info just arrived from havana.

personally, not that impressed with the new tubes etc but perhaps they'll grow on me. more importantly, i think that the cigars themelves need to lift their game. perhaps this is a start.

these were floating around havana in feb so this may not be such new news.

ROMEO Y JULIETA AND H.UPMANN

NEW IMAGE IN TUBES

Since last December, the new tubes for Romeo y Julieta and H.Upmann have been released to the market.

Commercialized by Habanos s.a., this new image is the result of the process of redesigning Habanos s.a. has been carrying out a few years ago. The main purpose of this process is to improve its presentation, the brand image and the packaging and to fill out the norms of the anti-smoking regulations in each and every market and particularly, the Byrne regulation according to the specific demands of different countries.

Something that stands out in these new tubes is the novelty regarding their designs, though preserving the traditional features of said brands which are widely accepted and recognisable by their faithful consumers for many years.

ROMEO Y JULIETA

SHORT CHURCHILLS

The new vitola from Romeo y Julieta, the Short Churchills, and its presentation in tube was one of the attractions in the last Habanos festival thus becoming the first tube with a completely new image. The Short Churchills was the first Robusto within the Habanos range of sizes to be launched to the market with an attractive image and a modern design. Since last March, it’s available worldwide and keeps receiving a good welcome and recognition by the most demanding smokers devoted to this brand.

CHURCHILLS

The emblematic Churchill from Romeo y Julieta has been released to the market with its new image and presentation.

Bearing a new tube, the Churchill is completely redesigned, where all the corporative colours of the brand (white and red) are enhanced. With an elegant and practical design, the tube is made up by two pieces, like the Short Churchill tube, showing the new design of the ring in the upper part.

The Churchill vitola also take the lead in premiering its new presentation. Now, the cigar is dressed up with two ring bands: one is the traditional golden ring while the other to be added is the red one to be present in all Habanos from Romeo and Julieta from now on.

ROMEO NO 1 , NO 2 Y NO 3

The worldwide-known sizes from Romeo y Julieta (No 1, No 2 and No 3) are already available in the market showing a completely new image. Likewise; the prime colours are red and white as shown in the Churchills and Short Churchills sizes. However, unlike these abovementioned two, the Romeos tube is presented in an entire white piece with a twisted-rolled red cap in the lower part while the new ring band is shown in the upper part of the tube. The combination of both colours makes this brand to look better regarding the beautiful contrast that characterizes the brand and, at the same time, enhancing its corporative features.

Thanks for the info and the effort Ken.

I echo your feelings about the current state of the RyJ brand. Have you heard anything about the Short R&J Cazadores being released in 2007.

I remember reading something Rob wrote about them. I hope this idea hasn't died on the vine.

Oh, any idea on when the RyJ Escudos EL might appear?

» Thanks for the info and the effort Ken.

»

» I echo your feelings about the current state of the RyJ brand. Have you

» heard anything about the Short R&J Cazadores being released in 2007.

»

» I remember reading something Rob wrote about them. I hope this idea hasn't

» died on the vine.

»

» Oh, any idea on when the RyJ Escudos EL might appear?

can't assist specifically on this but have passed on to lisa and she has 'her people' on it. stay tuned.

Have you heard anything about the Short R&J Cazadores being released in 2007.

I remember reading something Rob wrote about them. I hope this idea hasn't died on the vine.

What you are thinking about is the Jose L. Piedra "Petit Cazadores" in C/P 5'SX5, 25'S which are coming out soon..... No such thing as R & J Short Cazadores... for the top ;-)

Lisa

» Have you heard anything about the Short R&J Cazadores being released in

» I remember reading something Rob wrote about them. I hope this idea

» hasn't died on the vine.

»

» What you are thinking about is the Jose L. Piedra "Petit Cazadores" in C/P

» 5'SX5, 25'S which are coming out soon..... No such thing as R & J Short

» Cazadores... for the top ;-)

»

» Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I found Rob's old post which is why I'm confused.:-)

3. A Short R&J Cazadores will be released in 2007. Same punch in a smaller format.

[link=http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entry.php?id=31765#p31765]Linky to Post[/link]