oppressed by an establishment...

last night me, my wife and a couple of friends went out to a local watering hole for some drinks. i asked the tender if they allow cigar smoking, he said knock yourself out. so i fired up a sig II. there were about ten peeps in the bar and i knew all of them. no one complained about the smoke, a couple compliments, and they were boy that smells alot better than the cigarette smoke. my thoughts exactly. anyway, w/ about a 1/4 left to go the owner comes over and says i'm going to have to ask you to put that out i got a couple complaints. i looked around and there sat the two women who JUST walked in and sat down next to me. my thought was , if you don't like cigar smoke why sit next to one who is smoking one. i was going to argue the point i was grandfathered in!:-D , then they lit up a cigerette, i was pissed to say the least. i finished my goose and cranberry and left. on the way out i talked to a couple of friends and told them what happened. they laughed and said yeah, they think they own the place. one even offered me 10 bucks to light another and sit down next to them again.

we are past the point of no return here buit if the staff allowed it, i'd have been inclined to take it as far as possible.

i'd also explain to the manager that you and your mates won't be back if that is how they treat you.

i'd also have been inclined to put the thing out in one of their drinks as leaving.