chokers hold - calling all kiwis

i know i speak here for the prez when i extend sympathy on behalf of the forum to all kiwis as new zealand yet again finds itself in the throes of that insidious disease known as choker's hold. seems to come around every four years. first indications it is present can be hard to detect. in fact, it is usually preceded by declarations that the nation has never looked better and that nothing, absolutely nothing, could possibly impact on this. the next indication usually involves a slight shade of gold overcoming otherwise healthy kiwi men normally about four to six months before it strikes. next sign is these otherwise healthy specimens looking over their shoulder.

they'll fight it strongly for months and proclamations of robust health follow.

then, almost without warning, it strikes. a case of the jitters, loss of confidence, nervousness and then complete disintergration. black turns gold, or occasionally blue and speaks with an accent. chokers hold will have the country in a vice like grip.

for the next three and half years, it immobilises the country before it all starts again.

it reminds me of the old joke -

how do you get a cork back in a champagne bottle?

ask an all black.

and i realise that these words may be used and returned to me in a few months should somehow this time new zealand escape chokers hold disease. don't bother. like all aussies, the prez and i will be delighted that our near and slightly beloved neighbours will finally have achieved the success that has eluded them for so so so so so long.

after all, yours is a country where around 60% of the population is simply too young to remember a time before chokers hold was the national pastime.

» after all, yours is a country where around 60% of the population is simply

» too young to remember a time before chokers hold was the national pastime.

I thought that 60% of the population in New Zealand were sheep. ;-)

» how silly, you do know alot of people prefer sheep to Australians.

normally i wouldn't touch a line like this but...

i am fully aware of kiwi's predilicitions. i understand they prefer sheep to aussies. it is just a shame that they orefer sheep to girls.