Where to smoke in peace in Sydney?

Hey guys!

I am looking for nice place to smoke in Sydney.

Anyone have recommendation of cigar lounges or bars or restaurants that are cigar friendly?

Million thanks ;-) !

Guib:-) u

Try the Hemmesphere at the Establishment Hotel (along George St - closer to the Circular Quay end of town)

I had a wonderful time and smoke there in Nov 06. Let's hope no more changes to the laws.

cheers.

mef

» Hey guys!

» I am looking for nice place to smoke in Sydney.

» Anyone have recommendation of cigar lounges or bars or restaurants that

» are cigar friendly?

»

» Million thanks ;-) !

»

» Guib:-) u

yes, rob pointed me to sir winstons cigar bar which is located inside the stamford plaza double bay. i had a few smokes when i was there back in february and it's a great place. rob can give you better directions to the place though.

bruce

» Hey guys!

» I am looking for nice place to smoke in Sydney.

» Anyone have recommendation of cigar lounges or bars or restaurants that

» are cigar friendly?

»

» Million thanks ;-) !

»

» Guib:-) u

Mate you better get here quick ie before the end of June before the apocalypse strikes.

For Hemmesphere look up www.merivale.com.au I was there about a month ago and was still smoker friendly.

Sir Winstons as has been pointed out is a good one if you like to watch mutton dressed as lamb try to pick up rich 40 somethings whilst puffing on a cigar...great for people watching!

Then there is the Tried and true Kingsleys www.kingsleyssteak.com.au? from memory. King St restaurant is the one you want.

When are you arriving??

SAM

» When are you arriving??

» SAM

Thanks for your advice.

I'm planned to arrive on 28 June.

Staying at a friend's place for less than a week and flying back to Beijing on 4 July (hoping nothing'll happened in this part of the world...).

Cheers!

Guib:-D u

» By the way, is it a problem to pass the customs with my own cigars?

funny you should ask. when i flew into sydney in february i naturally got pulled out of the line and had my bags searched before entering australia. since i was gonna be gone for two weeks overseas i took my 50 count cigar caddy and at first the fella working there didn't seem to happy about that. well, some other things caught their attention (6 little pain pills i had on me) and finally after about 45 minutes he quietly said "just take the cigars and we won't worry about them".

SO, yeah you'd best be careful how many you take into the country.

bruce