\'99 Partagas Lonsdales - Thoughts?

Got offered a box of 1999 lonsdales. Anyone have any experience with these? I swear I remember hearing things like, getting blue in the face trying to draw, passing out from lack of oxygen, etc. I've never had a P-Lon and they have some well maintained age so I figured I might give them a go. Should I save the money for some Party coronas instead?

I recently got a cab from '00 and feared the same thing. Plugged or rolled very tight, ect.... I have only had one so far and it was perfect. Extremely good cigar as well. I have looked at quite a few of the cigars in my cab and handled several as well. They don't seem very tight at all.

I'd say go for it, even if there are one or two plugged, they are great smokes!

Got offered a box of 1999 lonsdales. Anyone have any experience with these?

Yes, I have a cab in storage. I have to caution you, since I have only smoked a couple, but neither were plugged or even too tight. Rich, sweet Partagas flavors, too.

In my experience you have a 60:40 chance of a good box. They need to be checked by the source if possible.

1999 was the year many walked away from Lonsdale and other thin gauge cigars. High % of plugged or uncomfortably tight draws.

IMHO there is a huge gifference between boxes and cabs on these. If you can find a cab it'll be well worth the extea money that you'll have to pay. I have had cabs of '97s, '99s and '00s and they have all been fantastic. I have had boxes of '98s, '99s and '01s and they have been hit and miss as far as the draws.

» It seems like 1999 pretty much sucked for Habanos. Was ANYTHING good ha

» ha?

YES! I have had a fabulous box of 99 RyJ Cazadores AND cab of 99 Partagas Lonsdales. Rich, strong & no draw problems at all. That being said Partagas Lonsdales is the only cigar where I have noticed a great difference between cab & DB cigars. The DBs I've had from 99 & 01, are lacking in flavor. As for the cabs, I'd rate 02 best, closely followed by 99, then 01 & 00. Have not had anything older & 02 was the last year these were made.

That being said Partagas Lonsdales is the only cigar where I have noticed a great difference between cab & DB cigars. The DBs I've had from 99 & 01, are lacking in flavor. As for the cabs, I'd rate 02 best, closely followed by 99, then 01 & 00. Have not had anything older & 02 was the last year these were made.

Bassman is correct. I've sampled the same vintages.