FOH Sydney Long Lunch??

With impending legislation that will effectively shut down indoor smoking, I am suggesting another FOH Sydney event to comiserate such legislation.

After last year's event, I am suggesting a long lunch rather than a dinner that saw our smoking time significantly cut down after dinner due to the restaurant closing.

A visit to Kingsleys again is on the cards as the food is reasonable and the lounge downstairs can be booked in advance as well. (if you have any other ideas lets hear 'em!)

A Saturday in about a month's time will allow all Sydney FOHers to apply for the required leave passes, etc.

respond if you are keen and then we can make more detailed plans.

Long lunches...I much prefer them to dinners.

I think they work as you have more time to drink and smoke.

You can start at noon and finish at midnight, getting home at a reasonable hour. To do the same at a dinner if you start at 7 you get home at 7 the next morning. And that is quite hard to explain. Also, your range of drinks is far wider...if you are doing wines, you can have a range of whites during the day then move on to heavier reds in the evening. Or you can drink mojitos during the day and maybe a wee dram in the evening. You can have a much wider range of Cigars....nice and light during the day and heavy at night.

Basically, a long lunch is like two dinners rolled into one.

Let me know the date, I will try arrange something here at the same time.

A good venue would be at the Bascule, outside next to the yachts!

Bugger the legislation!

I say we do it after the legislation has passed.

Get 10 people.

Hire a boat or yaught for the day. Seafood smorgasboard. Fine wine, great cigars. Women optional.

Cruise Sydney Harbour.

:-D

» Bugger the legislation!

»

» I say we do it after the legislation has passed.

»

» Get 10 people.

»

» Hire a boat or yaught for the day. Seafood smorgasboard. Fine wine, great

» cigars. Women optional.

»

» Cruise Sydney Harbour.

»

»

» :-D

My wife was just standing over my shoulder and read this comment and agreed whole heartedly saying "yeah why don't you do it"

(I think she thinks you were joking about the women aspect!)

I am fine to organise a date, location etc, unless El Prez would like to pursue this 'Ocean' option further. plesae PM if you are keen. (I'll tick your name off Ben!)

» » I'm interested, let me know what you decide.

»

» Similarly I'm interested - as I guess with most it does depend on dates

» etc (but late July is preferable)

if we are going late June, we should be fine for an indoor session at Kingsleys,ie new legilsation, however if we are going for mid July, Rob's gala ocean affair sounds better. (I'll check with Kingsleys).

I am keen but will have to see what you guys come up with.

If it is not on a weekend, we can go to 1 Alfred St. Mark and Belinda will never kick us out.

Interested in the boat thing since Rob will be there, so that I can give him some back from the constant merciless badgering of going up to QLD for a weekend of unadultered fun.

Plus, Rob said he will prob bring the PCC rep if he can make it. Hopefully Ken can as well. Hell, bring Lisa on top of that.

Princess Di and MiniSmithy can handle it by then.

BTW, Rob mentioned that Hamlet is rolling in KL sometime later this year and said he is thinking of a weekend trip just to stock up on custom Hamlets later in the year.