punch churchill band query?

Was given a tubed Punch Churchill by a mate from Habanos. I know it had a few years on it but not sure how many. Will post a review and if i can, photos, shortly. I had not had a Punch Churchill from a tube before (have had banded and unbanded ones in the past). This was a terrific cigar but my query relates to the band. I don’t have my books on cigars with me, bar the Min Ron Nee who mentions that tubed Punch Churchills are quite rare. The band on this one is quite drab, a brown/beige and very simple. Nothing like the usual Punch band. I have not seen them before and wondered is anyone else had or knew of a change. I can’t find any photo or info on it. Coming from Habanos, i think we can assume it wasn’t a fake - a was really a wonderful cigar.

Any thoughts?

» Hey, Colt,

»

» This looks a lot like a Punch Monarca AT. Sure that it's a Churchill?

can't comment on the cigar in the photo (will post mine if i can find the downloading cord thingee) but mine definitely a churchill and that is the band.

» Hey, Colt,

»

» This looks a lot like a Punch Monarca AT. Sure that it's a Churchill?

»

Shrink, it's a petit coronation - I posted the pic for the sake of the band - sorry for

any confusion. Also, I don't have the cigar - I saw this in my 'net travels, and

really never thought twice about it until Ken's post.

Ken,

Punch Churchills Tubos have the plain jane brown band. I haven't seen any in Australia since 1998 as I believe that was around the last time they were brought into this country. Still available around the world but not often seen.

» Ken,

»

» Punch Churchills Tubos have the plain jane brown band. I haven't seen any

» in Australia since 1998 as I believe that was around the last time they

» were brought into this country. Still available around the world but not

» often seen.

much ta.

was the first i'd seen. if i get a response on the age, will post. this one was from havana.

• 1 year later...