Punch Superfinos RE Italy

I am having no luck at all in finding this cigar. I have posted "in-search-of" in two other forums to no avail. I am wondering if anyone has this cigar or knows where they can be had? Being an Italian release, no doubt they are not very widespread among the cigar community. Any of our European brothers have any or have seen any?

Mike

I wish you good luck trying to get these. Italian law prevents them from shipping cigars. Your best bet is if you know someone that is going to Italy and is willing to pick them up for you.

When I get home this evening I will post an email addy for the LCDH in Rome for you if I still have the card.

» I wish you good luck trying to get these. Italian law prevents them from

» shipping cigars.

Isn't that the French law? It is allready about two years ago but I remember that the vendor told me he could send me more cigars if I liked them. And believe me my Italian is so bad he knew I was living abroad. :-) Maybe the laws have changed over the course of time...

Let's see what Mike finds out.

Regards,

Tom

» » I wish you good luck trying to get these. Italian law prevents them from

» » shipping cigars.

»

» Isn't that the French law? It is allready about two years ago but I

» remember that the vendor told me he could send me more cigars if I liked

» them. And believe me my Italian is so bad he knew I was living abroad. :-)

» Maybe the laws have changed over the course of time...

»

» Let's see what Mike finds out.

»

» Regards,

»

» Tom

I do know that a similar condition does indeed exist in France in which they are not allowed to ship tobacco products. I am not sure if the same thing applies to Italy.

Mabe we can get one of our Italian FoH brother's to get us a box and we will buy him a few from the box for getting us it.

Or we can get it shipped to A FoH brother in state's and than he can ship to the one's who participated in the group buy.

» Mabe we can get one of our Italian FoH brother's to get us a box and we

» will buy him a few from the box for getting us it.

»

» Or we can get it shipped to A FoH brother in state's and than he can ship

» to the one's who participated in the group buy.

I have sent an e-mail and am waiting a response. I am hoping they read engrish or have someone who can translate it :lol2:

Do we have any Italians on the board?? I would gladly put up the money for a box split and pay for a couple for the guy that picks up the box.

I tried them ain Havana 2006 at the Diadema (Italian Distributor) dinner.

I would be interested to know how they have developed. At the time I thought they were a good cigar, quintessentially "Punch" in profile.

» Alright guys. I'll see if my "Italian conection" still works... ;-)

Tom,

That would be great. I sent e-mails to both the LCDH in Rome and Milan and haven't heard back from them after three days. Please let us know what you find out!

» Do we have any Italians on the board??

Pyramid is from Italy. I don't know if he has seen this thread or not, and I'm not

suggesting that he would want or be able to "find" these cigars - but only that he

might be able to add to Tom's information.

• 2 weeks later...

Smoked one 2 days ago.......these so need to take a long nap. Very young indeed. Medium to full bodied. The predominant flavors were of straightforward 1st class tobacco with hints of toast, leather, earth and white pepper. Somewhat rough around the edges and out of balance. Something age will take care of in a few years. The entire smoke lasted about 30mins makign this a very expensive short smoke ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry if I missed this post.

Of course by September/October there will be the re-release of Punch Superfinos in Italy.

Keep in touch and I can get some when they will be available.

The first release is very very good, but I feel quite expensive for a minuto.

Ciao

• 1 year later...

Howdy Mike

I have three of them (see the lower rim of the box). At eight Euros (I believe) not a cheap Minutos. I got them in Italy directly last year. But if I recall correctly they re-released the Punch Minutos this year. So they should be available. Try to ask for a shop list under the link http://www.diademaspa.it/ Diadema is the Habanos distributer for Italy. Normaly they have the shops online but at the time of writing this posting the site seems down somehow

That should do the trick. :-D

Regards,

Tom

image2886.jpg

» Howdy Mike

»

» I have three of them (see the lower rim of the box). At eight Euros (I

» believe) not a cheap Minutos. I got them in Italy directly last year. But

» if I recall correctly they re-released the Punch Minutos this year. So

» they should be available. Try to ask for a shop list under the link

» http://www.diademaspa.it/ Diadema is the Habanos distributer for Italy.

» Normaly they have the shops online but at the time of writing this posting

» the site seems down somehow

»

» That should do the trick. :-D

»

» Regards,

»

» Tom

»

» image2886.jpg

Thanks Tom, now I know they do indeed exist!

I did find one la casa de la habana in Italy that has a website and sells them online; however, there is no English translation. I am going to try and e-mail them and see if they would sell me two or three singles. This is the last of the '06 RE that I need, and once I get them all, reviews will follow ;-)