LGC smokers ...I have a question

OK folks...I wish I could say my palate has developed over the years to be able to describe my experiences but...I can;t get into the depth that some of you guys do. That said...I recently smoked a LGC MDO1 . Now this one caught me by surprise and it was interesting...I am not sure if it was something I ate (:-D ) or if this is a trait to LGC..In the first 1/3, beside a mild and excellent toasted Cuban tobacco flavor, there were hints of cinnamon. In the next third the flavor moved to a light clove flavor along with the excellent tobacco taste. The final third , and this was really surprising, blended into a light anise/licorice flavor which was outstanding. I have never experienced these flavors that were so easily recognizable in a Cuban cigar. So tell me....are these subtle flavors charecteristic of LGC...or MDO's ? Or did I have too much pasta with garlic that night ???? I haven't smoke another yet to compare.

Bob, I have experienced the delicate complexity yet distinctive flavors in the LGC Med D'Or No.1 which have been a sweetness almost a mild honey mixed with a fruitiness in the 1/3 followed by baking spiciness in the 2/3 and rounded out in the 3/3 of more spice, fruit and subtle "cookie Dough" flavors. The closest cigar to these flavors for me have been aged ERDM Demi Tasse's

Damn... you can't have too much pasta with garlic. Didn't you know that?

While I am not a fan of LGC, I've had some aged ones that were among the most complex, and distinctively flavored cigars.

The LGC MO 1 is a classic containing the flavours you described + notes of citrus.

The LGC MO 2 has plenty of fans. I detest them.

The LGC MO3 is OK but not a patch on the NO1

The LGC MO4 can be very good or bog average. Lately bog average.

The Tainos is one of my favourites but can let itself down in the final third.

» Interesting....and good experience. Took me by surprise for sure.

I have the Med d Oro #1 and Tainos and they exhibit flavors not found in others. Very complex and special cigars.