Montecristo \"C\" Edicion Limitada 2003

I had the first from my box and must say it was one of the best cigars I think I have ever had.

That's a mighty call I know.

I have always been a Monte fan and could not fault this one.

You are lucky to get hold of some, I would love to stock up, have tried and failed.

Don't miss out!

Enjoy

» Ill agree with nugget i love the D and the C, flavour, consistency in

» construction and smell/taste is second to none.

I just need to brag a bit when you say you like the D and C, I orded a box of Robusto Edicion Limitada 2006 because of El Presidente exellent review of them [link=http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entry.php?id=50152&page=0&category=all&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC]here[/link] .

Then the retailer emailed me back saying he had a box of Montecristo "C" Edicion Limitada 2003 and Montecristo "D" Edicion Limitada 2005 and the 2005 I want, but I was unsure about the 2003, but now I will take them both.

Thanks for the replays,

When the Monte C was young it was bland to me but they are better now. I remember a buddy smoking one on a canoe trip fishing for smallmouth and I commented on how he could enjoy such a fine cigar given the distractions of the river. He said he did not like them and if it fell into the river then it woold be no loss. If I could obtain another nice box at a good price I would do it.

Guest cohiba

I tried few singles................thought they where the worst Monte i have tried. Very muted, poor draw, no complexity. I might have one more single, will smoke that one in a year or so.

i got a box and quite a few singles back when they were released. one of the two most disappointing cigars of all, for me. the other is the cuaba salamones.

tried them on far too many times. the 'C' is worse than bland, dull, uninspiring, waste of time and money.

they were my thoughts from a few years back and certainly have been posted on several occasions.

then got a chance to try them again in feb on the havana trip.

they remain extremely disappointing. bland, dull, uninspiring, waste of time and money. as i have most of the box left, i was hoping for some transformation. bugger all. for me, by far the worst of the 'LE's. if i had a mother-in-law, this would be the smoke i'd give to her (whether or not she smoked). never tried one, from any source, that i thought had any redeeming feature at all. much prefer the 'D' but sadly have one single only left.

go the 'D'. no to the 'C'.

» Ken you put me off buying a box of "C"s after reading your review a while

» back. I'm just sorry it's now too late to get more. Grrrrr!

then my day wasn't wasted.

think about these. The pedigree of this smoke should have decreed a stunner. The 2003 LE’s included the fabulous Hoyo Pyramide and Cohiba Double Corona, for many the best of all LE’s. Monte LE’s have also been something out of the box. The Robusto (2000 and 2006) and DC (2001) have been some of the best and the subsequently released ‘D’s have also shone, if perhaps not quite so brightly. So what the hell happened here? A corona gorda which was alleged to have similar flavours as the Robusto (for the sake of the Robusto, thank God it doesn’t). This is far and away the most disappointing of all the Limited Edition releases for me. They have had a tough draw and while there have been some pleasant flavours, mocha and creamy coffee, early, the last third has usually turned harsh and even a little grubby. Utterly underwhelming and with a green bean, unripe note. A little tarry and woody. Had hoped that perhaps an extended stay in the humidor might coax some hitherto undetected qualities from them so had held off for a couple of years. I can see no improvement. Either I have been statistically improbably unlucky with these or they are the Emperor’s New Clothes of the Limited Edition range. 80 at best. More is wishful thinking and unwarranted generosity.

I am going to disagree with Ken on this one. While his personal experience may be what it was, I have found that the Montecristo Edición Limitada's coming straight off the truck as it were somewhat muted as described, YET with humidor time, such as the 2003 Montecristo C, they have truly transformed and are a cigar that is very good. Of all the Edición Limitada's, Montecristo were the ONLY Marca where the EL's tasted anything close to the Marca flavor profile, either young or old. None of the other EL's came anywhere close to the classic marca flavor profile. While some of the EL's were OK cigars, there have been several dud's as well. Montecristo EL's have historically been on the more expensive side of the EL's, and many people were expecting them to be able to smoke as soon as they got them, and as such, they were extremely disappointed, the Montecristo EL's take humidor time to develop, those that have been smoking long enough would have learned by trying the Monte DC EL, that cigar took nearly 5 years to develop. The 2003 C has taken nearly 4 years for it to begin to smoke well. The D, surprised a few people, yet try the D in 4 years and the development will have you shaking your head asking yourself why you wasted the cigar smoking them too damn young.

Of all people, Ken might understand this one, Don't smoke a cigar before its time, just like wine, do not drink a wine before its time.

I like the Montecristo C and if finances were available, I would buy a box.

» tampa, i've still got most of the original box (the singles all gone and a

» few from the box) so i'm happy to leave them for as long as it takes and i

» hope you are right.

Ken...check your vendor.

I have never liked these and never recommended them.

»

» Ken...check your vendor.

»

» I have never liked these and never recommended them.

as our idiot prez knows only too well, and is hoping i'll bite, he plugged these like his kid's school fees depended on it. and i was a big enough dill to believe him. there have been other moments when he has directed me to cigars with which i was not familiar that i have loved, but he has a long way to go to make up for these.

» »

» » Ken...check your vendor.

» »

» » I have never liked these and never recommended them.

»

» as our idiot prez knows only too well, and is hoping i'll bite, he plugged

» these like his kid's school fees depended on it. and i was a big enough

» dill to believe him. there have been other moments when he has directed me

» to cigars with which i was not familiar that i have loved, but he has a

» long way to go to make up for these.

I only need a patch and a parrot to complete my transformation :wink: