Torch, match or other

I use my zippo 99% of the time. There are a few threads on this subject. One of the

best suggestions has been a creme brulee torch that can be purchased at some home stores, for relatively short money.

There's all kinds of great stuff on the previous threads - have a look when you have time.

» i like Swan matches, but i can't seem to find them in the states.....if any

» has a soure let me know...thanks.

I seem to recall having some Swan matchs awhile back. I am not sure if they were the same ones you are talking about?.......but I will ask my wife, she KNOWS all!......LOL....

» » i like Swan matches, but i can't seem to find them in the states.....if

» any

» » has a soure let me know...thanks.

»

» I seem to recall having some Swan matchs awhile back. I am not sure if

» they were the same ones you are talking about?.......but I will ask my

» wife, she KNOWS all!......LOL....

yellow and green box with a swan on it? I believe they are manufactured by Sweedish Match.....those are they.

I too have had problems/thoughts about this and I just use my Zippo. I've tried other lighters and while losing my DuPont was upsetting and expensive, I find no real differance between that and my Zippo. I know everyone says you can taste the gas but I can't and they're cheap so losing one just doens't matter.

» What method do you use to light your cigar? Mine is a blazer gb3001

» torch...

Torch.I've got 5 or 6 that I rotate between,but my favorite is the torch insert I got for my old trusty Zippo.Holds a lot of fluid,is easily adjustable,and has a really great flame.Plus I'd always had a soft spot for Zippo's when I was smoking ciggies,but they tend to make your cigar taste like gas.:-|

Well,not so with the new insert. It works great!

» yellow and green box with a swan on it? I believe they are manufactured

» by Sweedish Match.....those are they.

Althouth it is long shot, my wife HAS seen them before. I know the place she is talking about and when I go there next week will check it out. The store is in town (honolulu) and I have to go there for business anyway.

» torch...

Since all of my torches have decided to give it up recently - matches (the old standby). Where I am working a the moment they have turbochargers on their diesels that would probably work in a pinch. Damn things are glowing red - scarey looking stuff. Think I will stick to the matches though.

Torch for me definitely unless I can get decent cedar - looking at getting on of the nice double flame units soon.

BTW, does anyone know if you can buy lighting splints? Someone, somewhere, mentioned it to me ages ago but I can't find anything on any websites? Would be nicer than ripping apart boxes (the stuff on the tubes just burns too fast).

» torch...

I use prince 207.Unfortunately, It does not stand with strong winds... anyway, I have posted on another cigar board asking for suggestions for a "windproof" lighter and got really good recommendations for the slim laser lighter....