Saint Luis Rey Double Corona

One of my absolute favourite cigars and one that is just so underrated. Purchased this from Rob about 15 months ago, unbanded. Note that the latest releases have been banded. Also, these are not common and can be hard to find - seem to be released in small quantities around November (and everyone can keep their collective grubby mitts off my standing order with Rob). These are a serious smoke, complex and concentrated. Full flavoured, rich and with spice and a hint of orange rind. The aftertaste persists and is never unpleasant. The cigar looks good, draws well, has a slow consistent burn and is full of flavour. One of the very best. 94.

. One of the very best. 94.

You Cigar Duffer.

I got some of these from Rob also and after seeing how goooood they were I went after the remaining. I was told there were no more. Great aren't they. The few that I have left are for special occasions only. I agree, top of the ladder.

If you would be so kind sir(hows that after calling you a duffer) when you have purchased your fill let me have the dregs?

I do like your reviews and I wish I could taste all that stuff you do. Give me time big guy.

I went through a period a year of so ago where I was smoking from my cab of '01s every weekend. I've since bought/traded some and have managed to cobble together a little more than a cab of '01s and I agree, they're fantastic DCs -- my favorite, by far.

Ken: Thanks for the review. I have a new cab of 04 that will need to hang around for awhile. I have never tried them but everybody loves them so I figured what the heck....they are difficult to find. I hope they are as good as everyone says.

Not really my favorite despite the ubiquitous favorable reviews. I suppose that the larger ring cigars are simply loosing favor with me. When it comes to a DC my current favorite is the remaining ’98 Punch.

» mel, if i had know it was you that was interested, i would, of course, have

» given up my allocation immediately.

Thank you for the sincere concern mate. Since it looks like those 01's are gone how about a review on the new 04? Get to smokin man.

Mel

» mel, i have actually moved these out of home and into 'deep storage' in an

» attempt to keep my hands off them for a few years but, for you, i'll try

» and dig one out next time i'm at storage.

Ye-ha, What are mates for anyway?

My storage is neither deep enough nor far enough to keep my hands off the sticks that I lust for. Patience is for oak trees.