Siglo I...hardly a review

smokum

It's -7 degrees F here....thought I would run out to the emporium and have a quick smoke. I brought out a recent arrival...BYL OCT05 Siglo I . It's only been home a couple weeks now but since it was an 05 box I figured I would give it a try. To they eye it is a med. wrapper with aslight oily sheen to it. But as I felt her up...I detected 2 very tight spots within. I shrugged it off and clipped the cap. The draw was tight but I toasted the foot nicely and lit her off....BAM...this is one harsh tasting first draw. I was doubtful of this one since I felt the tight draw but felt it deserved a chance. After all...this is a Cohiba and it will come around. NOT...as I tried to draw on this sucker I caught slight glimpses of cedar but very little tobacco flavor. I kept trying. The burn was nasty and as I worked harder to try and smoke this thing I had to correct it several times. The faint flavor of cedar gave way to a very complex flavor of road asphalt and roof shingles....it never got better...I tossed it before I got thru the 1/2 way mark...RIP Siglo I. Lets hope your 24 brothers don't follow the same path. This was possibly the nastiest cigar I have smoked in a couple years !!! Excuse me..I have to go wash my mouth out with lacquer thinner to get rid of the wretched after taste. Does anyone else have a nasty experience with a Sig I ??? How about from 05 ? I absolutely have to try another asap to see if this one was ever meant to be shipped.

I can not tell you how many times I have told people to let them sit in the humidor AT LEAST 30 DAYS before smoking them, the longer the better! It does make a huge difference! I have smoked several 05 Siglo I's and they just keep getting better the longer they sleep in the humidor. Smoking a cigar that has been stuffed into the belly of an airplane and shipped 1/2 around the world just will NOT taste as good as they will after 30 days, longer is even better!

I agree with your suggestion Tampa...but this was not a matter of resting...I try to smoke 1 cigar out of fresh stock to gage the starting point. Every single one I have smoked so far has been absolutely wonderful. Young but wonderful and time will make them that much better. This one was not meant to leave the rollers table. I do hope it was an anomaly.

» I agree with your suggestion Tampa...but this was not a matter of

» resting...I try to smoke 1 cigar out of fresh stock to gage the starting

» point. Every single one I have smoked so far has been absolutely

» wonderful. Young but wonderful and time will make them that much better.

» This one was not meant to leave the rollers table. I do hope it was an

» anomaly.

I have a couple left from a box from '99 which are fantastic