Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire Review

Thanks for the review. I love my Hoyo des Dieux, and picked up some great 04 Hoyo Coronations from you folks, but have not yet found a smaller Hoyo that dazzles me. I have a box of 01 du Deputes that have tight draws and lack the sweetness I am looking for. Maybe I'll try some singles of these with my next order.

» Thanks for the review. I love my Hoyo des Dieux, and picked up some great

» 04 Hoyo Coronations from you folks, but have not yet found a smaller Hoyo

» that dazzles me. I have a box of 01 du Deputes that have tight draws and

» lack the sweetness I am looking for. Maybe I'll try some singles of these

» with my next order.

Check out the Hoyo du Prince.

• 1 year later...

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire NOV 06

100mm 30 Ring Gauge

After the "favourite 20-30 minute cigar" thread I thought I would fire this one up with a coffee this morning as I sat on the deck and planned my week.

This cigar has been made exclusiely for the task at hand. It is a genuine 20-25 minute cigar and one I have reverted to time and time again. Construction has and can be an issue for this hand rolled number but the problem of tight rolls has reduced to such an extent that I would buy off the shelf with confidence if the stock is 05/06.

Nice sweet hay smell at cold. Distinctive Hoyo series aroma. Construction was OK without being flash. No hard or soft spots and the foot revealing a well buched cigar.

image2224.jpg

image2225.jpg

image2226.jpg

Cuban cut the cap to find a nice draw. Flavours at cold muted but slight cinnamon stick and cofee bean on the lips. Torched the end and was faced with medium full start and light pepper spice which quickly faded. Into stride there were three disticnt flavours of sweet cinnamon stick, strong milk coffee and toasted tobacco. THis is the du Maire in spades. Body decreasing in strength to medium which suits its domain as a early to mid morning cigar to be enjoyed while reading a paper.

image2227.jpg

Pat the halfway mark and there was a small overheating issue so I put the brakes on the draw and it rectified. Touch of bitterness so I blew through the cigar for 20-30 seconds and it appeared to have come good. Cinnamon gone...all strong charred coffee beans and toasted tobacco. Body building again

image2228.jpg

This little bullet is one to keep for when you want a 20-25 minute timeline of personal contemplation. It is not a cigar which will capture your imagination and demand attention. It has been designed to complement the cerebral activity which you are undertaking at the time.....and it does this pefectly.

86/100