Montecristo Especial No. 1 - 7 4/8\" x 39 - Feb. \'02

Tave1225

Montecristo Especial No. 1 - 7 4/8" x 39 - Feb. '02

This cigar had a medium brown wrapper. Very well rolled. Oily and smooth, and I didn't notice any veins. Firm, it had a pre-light aroma was of wood and toasted tobacco. Used a guillotine cutter to snip off the beautiful pigtail cap and sparked it up.

The flavors were very concentrated from the start. Very pleasant aged tobacco taste masked the woodiness that seemed to be present, but, always in the "background", overwhelmed by the tobacco flavors. As the cigar went on the intensity remained, but the cigar did loosen up a bit and some of the tobacco flavor subsided. Coffee along with the "classic" Monte tanginess in the second half of the cigar. The last third developed into a sweet spiciness experience. Very creamy and rich until the last possible draw. Medium-Full bodied would be fair to describe it.

Never had to touch up. Awesome draw with a mouth full of smoke delivered with little resistance. Burned straight throughout. Light grey ash, with hints of some white color which held good.

Nice review, fantastic smoke.

I smoked a '96 during the Superbowl last night... very creamy floral and earthy notes, beautiful sweet spice towards the end, made me think me of dates covered in cinnamon (no idea how the hell that popped in my head!). Extremely refined, elegant cigar. Thanks to the BOTL who gifted it to me!