Davidoff Château Haut-Brion

Well, it is always great to have good friends.

George Fielding dropped by the humidor yesterday. He ducked into Brisbane for 2 days before heading back to New York tomorrow.

While stocking uo for his home humidor he gifted me and Smithy each a Davidoff Château Haut-Brion (1988).

I will have it as my BBQ cigar later today. Will post review tomorrow.

Thanks George :ok:

I will have it as my BBQ cigar later today. Will post review tomorrow.

George Fielding, the surgeon? Well, congratulations oh fearless leader! What goes around comes around, 'eh? You had better BBQ something pretty special, like wild boar. Looking forward to the review. :-D

» dragon, if he thinks it is plugged, you can bet it'll be fed'ex'd to me

» asap!

» i only get things to review that are not selling (there is a tip).

Oh come now Ken, I can't believe that......El Prez is an all around nice guy, after all, it says so right in his signature line. :yes: :-D

Cooked the lunchtime BBQ of Aged Sirloin and Bratwurst, a bottle of Yabby Lake Pinot Noir. Today I have a special guest in a 4 inch x 40 ring gauge Davidoff Château Haut-Brion from 1988-1989.

Hmmm not an overly attractive wrapper..on the green side of Colorado. Small hard section to the top 3rd suggestion a problematic draw ahead. I needn't have worried.

Cuban cut the Brion and tested the draw which proved to be slightly on the tight side of perfect.

Lit the cigar and was taken aback by it's power. Rich, smooth tobacco taste which evolved into full bodied cream expanse. Cream..cream and more cream but full throttle at the same time....SUPERB!

The only cigar I can think which will come close with a few years is the Trinidad Reyes....put some aside. It went for the best part of 30 minutes and every second was enjoyable. What I would give for a cab of 50.

Thankyou George! Feel free to pop in anytime :-D

Guest crossbow

» Well, it is always great to have good friends.

»

» George Fielding dropped by the humidor yesterday. He ducked into Brisbane

» for 2 days before heading back to New York tomorrow.

»

» While stocking uo for his home humidor he gifted me and Smithy each a

» Davidoff Château Haut-Brion (1988).

»

» I will have it as my BBQ cigar later today. Will post review tomorrow.

»

» Thanks George :ok:

Is this the Reknowned surgeon who was not able to make his own welcome to NY Cigar party?