12DoC Review 4 - RyJ Short Chruchill

Phailure

12DoC Review 4 - RyJ Short Chruchill

Yesterday, I enjoyed the RyJ Short Churchill with a good friend of mine. We both sat down and chatted while enjoying a nice cigar. Unfortunately, while having a good smoke with a good friend enhances the experience, it detracts from my ability to concentrate on the flavors. Anyway, I'll do my best to post a review. Oh, not to mention this is my first time smoking a RyJ so you may want to read the review with extra caution.

ryjsc1fh4.jpg

ryjsc2gz1.jpg

The short churchill was a nice looking stick. The draw was excellent as was the construction. The ash stayed on nearly half way through!

The RyJ started off with some floral notes, toasted tobacco, coffee, nuts and a dash of ripe fruit. The ripe fruit quickly faded away and the stick started producing caramel and honey flavors to complement the coffee and milk. I was dissapointed the fruit flavors disappeared since I enjoyed them. They never returned during the rest of the stick. Through the middle section, the stick seemed somewhat confused. Sometimes, it would produce nice coffee caramel flavors and other times it would produce sweet spice / nuts / cedar flavors. I thought the RyJ was very elegant and smooth. Flavorful without being overpowering... a nice medium bodied smoke. Either way, I really enjoyed the RyJ. My review may be somewhat biased since I was having a great time with a great friend. I'm going to give the RyJ a 91/100. :ok:

Nice review :ok: !

I've had about 9 from a box I bought this spring. Some of have been really good, others kinda so-so. I agree, some flavors disappear while others never really come through; downside of a young cigar. This will be a really great cigar in four or five years, imo.