12DoC Review 3 - Cohiba Siglo II

Phailure

12DoC Review 3 - Cohiba Siglo II

Today's review is of the Cohiba Siglo II. This is the first Cohiba I have ever smoked so I'm definitely no expert about the marque. I wasn't really sure what to expect as I've heard people go crazy about cohibas and others not care for them at all.

The petit corona looked nice and the cap was placed very neatly. For some reason, the wrapper was darker near the veins which was strange. Construction was excellent. The draw was very neutral, not too firm, not too loose. I do like my draws a touch on the firm side but I definitely couldn't complain. The burn stayed straight the entire time.

cs2sized1po9.jpg

cs2sized2ao5.jpg

cs2sized3sm6.jpg

The Siglo II opened up with dark espresso and a hint of the cohiba grassiness. I've read about the cohiba grass notes and always wondered how on earth grass could possibly taste good in a smoke. Well I guess I solved that mystery today by experiencing my first cohiba. The grassiness was very faint and pleasant. The espresso and grass were soon joined by some cream. The flavors were very rich. While smoking it, I thought to myself, the siglo II had a perfect balance of the dark espresso characteristic of a RASS and the coffee cream of a good Montecristo. Throughout the smoke, hints of spice and lemon faded in and out. I was I think this stick is definitely worthy of all the praise it has been receiving. I'm going to give it a 92/100 (A-). :ok:

» Never had a 2 before.

»

» How do they stack up against sig1 or the CoRo?

»

» Nice review.

I recently just added a box dated Jul 06 to my coolidor, I had to sample one. I noticed the spice dancing in and out myself in the second half of the cigar. The Cohiba cream was really nice in the first half until it opened up to the second half showing a little more body and lots more spice.

Overall I really enjoyed the II and hope I can get a year of age on them.

I'm a little biased against the CoRo as I only have smoked a few and wasn't overly excited about them. I'm sure if I revisited some of the 06s I'd be more impressed. The Sig I is good but I prefer spicier smokes, which in my experience, the II and IV deliver better for me.

» I'm going to give it a 92/100 (A-). :ok:

I could not agree more. I got a box of these about two weeks ago after hearing so many great reviews related to the 06's and man I had one OTT and it was incredible for how young it was. Cannot wait to try them again in 6 months.

» I'm going to give it a 92/100 (A-). :ok:

»

» Your review, and final ranking, are right on the money, Ph! The '06 Siglo

» II is a very good cigar now, and with time will be outstanding. Try a

» recent CoRo...;-)

I'll post a review of the CoRo from the sampler shortly ;-)

» Never had a 2 before.

»

» How do they stack up against sig1 or the CoRo?

»

» Nice review.

The Siglo II are creamier than the Siglo I with a little more body in the Siglo 1.

The Cohiba Robusto had more honey notes than the Siglo II but the same core of cream/coffee/grassiness.