12DoC Review 2 - JL#2

Phailure

12DoC Review 2 - JL#2

This was a nice looking robusto. Smooth wrapper and a nice tripple cap on top. Prelight draw was a touch on the loose side. Fortunately, that did not affect the burn.

jl2sizedtc3.jpg

jl2ashsizedxj3.jpg

jl2nubsizedth1.jpg

Sorry about the dark pictures, it was cloudy today.

The stick opened up with a nice combination of cedar, nuts, and milk. Strength was about medium. About a quarter of the way through, some tangy citrus notes appeared. At about the midpiont, the milkiness faded out. At the same time, more earthy and herbal notes came out. The JL#2 was an interesting medium bodied smoke. It was a perfect early afternoon smoke with a mug of guatemalan coffee. I have not had much experience with the JL marque and I definitely need to rectify that. I've heard mixed reviews on the '06 production but my particular sample was very enjoyable. I'm going to give this a 88/100 (B+).

Wonderful review and spot on in my opinion. I enjoy them because they are fairly complex while still young and I haven't had one yet that had the slightest taste of ammonia. I am just finishing an 05 box of the #2's including the five I set back to age:-) .