Greetings

matt19hsc

Greetings all. I am newb here and to the world of cigars. On a recent trip to Jamaica I had my first 'real' cigar and fell in love. For this christmas my wife has given me a beautiful 80 cigar humidor. Unfortunately it only has 6 cigars in it! Time to stock up a bit. Do y'all have any recommendations for first purchases? I believe I will spend around 300 or so for my first order. Suggestions on value cigars and 'must haves' are welcome. I am learning a ton, but still relatively empty when it comes to knowledge and experience so help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Years to all!

Matt

Charlotte, NC USA

Hi Matt, welcome to FOH. I'm sure there will be many great

suggestions to help fill your humidor.

My personal opinion/suggestion would be send our humble hosts

an email (when they return from vacation) introducing yourself, and

ask them to put together a sampler of what they feel are smoking

well, and/or has good potential.

This might help give you a start on finding out which sizes / lines

are to your liking.

Good luck, and have fun.

welcome fellow newbie, as mentioned go for a sampler pack. While finding out what you like best keep the cigar bands from what you smoke in different containers. The ones you really like in one, one that are okay in another and the ones from cigars that you don't want in another. That was how I have been doing things for the last 10 years and have had good results with it.

Welcome to FOH Matt.

I suggest that you spend some time reading here. Especially the cigar review forum threads. There is a wealth of information to help you select cigars that might be to your liking. Making a recommendation selection without knowing what brings you pleasure would be just a pure guess and have no value to you.

Read, learn and contribute when and where you can and enjoy developing your palate.

Again, welcome to FOH.

Tampa