Most full-bodied Cuban cigar...in your opinion?

Strength, body, complexity, character…. What’s next, charisma?

The fact is that I use many of these descriptive, yet ambiguous terms. I think that it would be fairer here for the thread’s author to be very specific as to what “he” means by full bodied.

For me full bodied in a cigar would mean about the same (as far as comparisons go) as to what is being displayed by the voluptuous young vixens shown in the pictures above. For the pictures the term would mean visually appealing; an eye full! For the cigar it would me gastronomically appealing; a mouth full!

I find many, many cigars full bodied. That is the reason that I smoke Cuban cigars verses their multicultural counterparts. The fact is many non-Cuban cigars have no body at all… they simply have no taste. Some may be full in strength alone and that could of course be construed as full bodied by some. So amount of taste is as aspect to body, but not the whole picture. Like in the pictures of the models; it is the whole package that I am talking about. The face, chest, hips legs… all the components make the “full body.”

So for the cigar the main characteristic is taste. The strength of taste, the mouth feel, the amount of smoke, the complexity of smoke, the amount of oil; they all play a part. Like with the beautiful young ladies we pictured above; it is the entire package, not just one piece. We each may focus on one aspect of the model or the cigar that pleases our individual senses best. I like a nice set o…. Oh, you know. -LOL

As my late father used to say… “There is an ass for every seat!!!”

So what does full bodied mean to you?

As far as the question is concerned I believe that smaller ring cigars are more “full bodied.” That is why I prefer them. Since the amount of tobacco being burned is likely a result of the amount of oxygen being supplied; the length of the cigar except as to how it affects the draw is not an issue. If complete combustion is a part of the equation then that lends credence to my preference for smaller ring cigars; better combustion.

Full bodied cigars abound in the Cuban cigar harem. Many, many petit coronas come to mind; RA, Partagas, Bolivar… etc., etc. The other day I smoked a ’00 La Gloria Tainos, not normally my favorite cigar, nor one that I would consider full bodied. That baby rocked my world! Like Rob says, it depends on the individual cigar.

The Bolivar CE is a dependable full bodied cigar. Many Lonsdales and coronas are full bodied as well. The Partagas Seleccion Privada is a wonderful example. As far as other thin cigars… the Bolivar Demi Tasse can really pack a lot of flavor in a few grams of tobacco.

So my answer is this. If you like full bodied cigars, start with 42 and under ring gauge cigars. And since our friends Rob and Lisa sell singles get them to toss together 20 or 30 petit coronas or marevas. All the body is right there baby… you just have to know where to find it. –Piggy.

» Strength, body, complexity, character…. What’s next, charisma?

»

» The fact is that I use many of these descriptive, yet ambiguous terms. I

» think that it would be fairer here for the thread’s author to be very

» specific as to what “he” means by full bodied.

It was secified earlier in the thread.

"Smokers are more likely to separate the characteristics of flavor

(intensity of taste or aroma), body (heaviness or lightness of mouthfeel), and strength (nicotine kick) although not all users use these terms in the same sense contributing to the confusion so often encountered."

»

» For me full bodied in a cigar would mean about the same (as far as

» comparisons go) as to what is being displayed by the voluptuous young

» vixens shown in the pictures above. For the pictures the term would mean

» visually appealing; an eye full! For the cigar it would me gastronomically

» appealing; a mouth full!

»

» I find many, many cigars full bodied. That is the reason that I smoke

» Cuban cigars verses their multicultural counterparts. The fact is many

» non-Cuban cigars have no body at all… they simply have no taste. Some may

» be full in strength alone and that could of course be construed as full

» bodied by some. So amount of taste is as aspect to body, but not the whole

» picture. Like in the pictures of the models; it is the whole package that I

» am talking about. The face, chest, hips legs… all the components make the

» “full body.”

»

» So for the cigar the main characteristic is taste. The strength of taste,

» the mouth feel, the amount of smoke, the complexity of smoke, the amount

» of oil; they all play a part. Like with the beautiful young ladies we

» pictured above; it is the entire package, not just one piece. We each may

» focus on one aspect of the model or the cigar that pleases our individual

» senses best. I like a nice set o…. Oh, you know. -LOL

»

» As my late father used to say… “There is an ass for every seat!!!”

»

» So what does full bodied mean to you?

»

» As far as the question is concerned I believe that smaller ring cigars are

» more “full bodied.” That is why I prefer them. Since the amount of tobacco

» being burned is likely a result of the amount of oxygen being supplied;

» the length of the cigar except as to how it affects the draw is not an

» issue. If complete combustion is a part of the equation then that lends

» credence to my preference for smaller ring cigars; better combustion.

»

» Full bodied cigars abound in the Cuban cigar harem. Many, many petit

» coronas come to mind; RA, Partagas, Bolivar… etc., etc. The other day I

» smoked a ’00 La Gloria Tainos, not normally my favorite cigar, nor one

» that I would consider full bodied. That baby rocked my world! Like Rob

» says, it depends on the individual cigar.

»

» The Bolivar CE is a dependable full bodied cigar. Many Lonsdales and

» coronas are full bodied as well. The Partagas Seleccion Privada is a

» wonderful example. As far as other thin cigars… the Bolivar Demi Tasse can

» really pack a lot of flavor in a few grams of tobacco.

»

» So my answer is this. If you like full bodied cigars, start with 42 and

» under ring gauge cigars. And since our friends Rob and Lisa sell singles

» get them to toss together 20 or 30 petit coronas or marevas. All the body

» is right there baby… you just have to know where to find it. –Piggy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I love the RyJ Cazadore....just ordered a box from Czar...Great smoke..

Also I love JUAN LOPEZ SELECCION NO.1 & 2: I love it....Juan Lopez was recommended to me by El Prez....It was a great smoke....I don't know if it hit your full bodied request...but it was nice smoke.......................

image1907.jpg

» » » »

» » » » ....another fake Cuban :lol:

» »

» » This a "real" full bodied Cuban, no fake, but still legally available

» in

» » the US... :-D

» »

» » image1914.jpg

»

» HOLY MOLEY!

»

» :clap::love::hungry:

»

» What was the question again?

»

» Wilkey

Oh yeah, now I remember. Here's what I wrote on another site.

Here's what I wrote in response to a related query on another forum.

1. What exactly does body refer to, is it flavor, or strength of smoke.

As far as I can tell, the industry uses the term "body" to denote a blended property combining nicotine kick, mouthfeel, and flavor with a bias toward the nic-kick component. Cigar smokers tend to use "body" more commonly in reference to the mouthfeel component and reserve the term "strength" to refer to the nic-kick. We also tend to break out "flavor" into its own category. This was the point tigger was trying to make to you and that you dismissed. IMO, the analogy he used was insightful and relevant.

2. Does anyone else find these discrepancies on these ratings or am I nuts?

Discrepancy in what ratings? Do you mean the discrepancy between manufacturers' claims of the strength or body of a cigar and your perception of these same cigars? If so, here's one of the more recent examples of a discussion about this centered on the Carlos Torano Exodus 1959. The answer to the question phrased in this manner is "yeah, it happens and the range of variation for any given cigar can vary from near total agreement to something less."

3. Additionally what does strength refer to flavor or difficulty of inhale? For those of you who don't inhale I am sure it happens occasionaly accidently.

A very small percentage of cigar smokers inhale. I've heard numbers down around 5% I'm not sure that either strength, flavor, or body has much to do with irritation reactions upon accidental inhalation. I think that harshness related to completeness of fermentation and tobacco quality is far more pertinent here. I think jabba provided a link about this but it looks like he might have edited it.

So to summarize:

A. The industry commonly collapses flavor, body, and strength into one term, "body" and the primary connotation is in regards to "strength" followed closely by "flavor." Some retailers/manufacturers use strength (Holts) and others use body (JR Cigars).

B. Smokers are more likely to separate the characteristics of flavor (intensity of taste or aroma), body (heaviness or lightness of mouthfeel), and strength (nicotine kick) although not all users use these terms in the same sense contributing to the confusion so often encountered.

Wilkey

And here is a link to a well written little page on the topic:

Augenstein's Site