August Blind taste Test...need 8 volunteers

Count off gentlemen :) 8 only.

For those involved in July ...please post your review if you haven't done so already.

If you have contacted Lise about your last cigar going missing, we will have you on this months.

» Count off gentlemen :) 8 only.

»

» For those involved in July ...please post your review if you haven't done

» so already.

»

»

» If you have contacted Lise about your last cigar going missing, we will

» have you on this months.

two???:-)

»

» so already.

»

»

sex,er...,six.

• 3 weeks later...

»

» so already.

»

»

I just received a nice package in the mail today!(Thanks Rob and Lisa!!) The cigar looks really nice with a nice oily brown sheen to it with some veining running across this great looking smoke!!!. In my estimation, it measures 6 1/2 inches and a gauge of 38-40. The foot of the cigar is boxed (or mashed?or unique to the cigar? Checking the MRN encyclopedia...). I took a wiff at the cigar and boy oh boy!!! This cigar is just ready to be smoked!!! I will try to enjoy it over the weekend to still try to taste some of that Ausie twang!!!

guess ill be the first too share my experience with this fine gifted cigar.

upon inspection my guess is this was a dahlia not a lonsdale at all..

i settled down after a hard days work into my favorite yard chair under the stars a most pleasent night with a slight mild breeze, opening and pouring myself a finger or two of balvenie 12 yr. old single malt i examined the cigar.

i found this beauty to have a tripple cappa its outer leaf shimering in the moon light, dark, oily, and smooth...a fine looking habano with perfect construction and ever so mildly veined.

it hard a firm construction with a very mild resilience, i sniped the cappa and took a pre light draw..wow...sweetness is what comes to mind.

the cigar lit without a hitch a perfect draw a very well rolled habano indeed thus far.

the first third of this ciagr was mild, tremendous sweetness with hints of nuts a very nice start.

the ash held firm and opened up into a medium strength smoke with very full body...i now am tasteing more spice as the sweetness subsides and the nutty flavour has changed into a more woody flavour..this cigar is going very well with my balvenie and i am in my element at this point........ pure bliss.

the last third creeping up too one hour of sitting under the stars i find this cigar to be leading up too a strong finish the woodiness and spice coming through more now with slight hints of dark,bitter chocolate this cigar has great dimension to it starting off mild and sweet, nutty then med with wood and spice finishing well leaving me with a grand aftertaste of spice and chocolate..i hated too put it down and my guess is i may have just smoked a romone allones 898 or maybe a monte "D" ?

im not quite sure what it was as im not very good at putting my tastes/experiences into a brand but this was a very well made and extremely enjoyable cigar !

my thanks to el presedente for allwing me to share in this experience and also too lisa and andrew for making it happen.

enjoy guys looking forward to others reviews.

I didn't get the ruler out but I'm fairly confident this was a Lonsdale. I compared it to a VR Classico and they were dead even in length, but this Lonsdale was significantly heavier.

As predicted it was a bit overfilled and the draw and combustion was just o.k. It wouldn't stay lit and I tired of fighting it so I let it die with 1/3 of the cigar remaining. I'll cut my review short since the construction problems and re-lights really interfered with the flavor development. It was earthy and familiar which leads me to believe it was an RyJ Cedros Deluxe No. 1.

This is my favorite size Habanos and I sure appreciate the opportunity to review this cigar. Thank you Lisa and Rob (but mostly Lisa ;-) ) for the opportunity and I look forward to participating again.