Need information on the \"Che \"

A good mate and forum member told me about the "Che" release. To his knowledge it is a Habanos trial run.

I would like to follow this up through the official channels and see if it is indeed a Habanos project or a slick marketing exercise by some in the trade to turn a few bucks.

Let me know what information you have (sizes, prices, people involved) as well as some pics.

The truth is out there....and it won't take long to find out :hungry:

» why don't you ask the first lady? she seems to have all the scoops.

If she does get this answer before the Great OZ(el presidente) she will become La Presidenta and Rob will be the "First Boy".

• 4 months later...

Officially denied from VP of Habanos s.a down.

Has all the hallmarks of a scam but I did not want to impune any individuals.

Better expand:

You can have any cigar made in Havana if you are well connected enough.We see this every day in regards to specialty cigars.

The question I was asked was whether this was a Habanaos s.a pre-curser to a full release. The answer was a definitive no. If that is how they were marketed (as I was informed) then there may be a question to be answered.

It is my understanding that the "Che" was originally to be made exclusively from tobacco grown in Bolivia from Cuban seed. However, despite determined efforts by both Cuban exporters and some local proponents, it simply wouldn't grow there. Thus, the "Che" will remain a very limited trial production primarily for cult followers. ;-)

• 3 years later...

» Picture from "deep throat"

»

» image8.jpg

»

» The "Che" ....is it really a pre production Habanos s.a release or a hoax

» designed to strip money from the wealthy and gullible?

»

» Stay tuned ;-)

just came across this - either way, no doubt you'll sell it. did you find out more?