Bolivar Petite Corona (OUSU TPL02)

Another cigar that I smoked recently (Saturday morning) that I thought was worth a review.

Bolivar Petite Corona (OUSU TPL02)

This mareva had a nice medium-brown wrapper with just a couple of water spots. The cigar had just a slight box-press. There were no appeciable veins. The seams were nice and tightm but the overly-flat triple cap was not the prettiest that I have ever seen. The pre-light nose was mild, but had both earthy and coffee components. The pre-light draw was perfect.

Upon lighting, I tested the draw...perfect. The smoke production was huge, with each puff creating mouthfuls of thick, smoke-ring-blowing smoke. The cigar burned even from start to finish. The ash was medium gray and firm with good striations. The cigar also burned nice and cool down to the nub. Great construction.

This was a medium-bodied cigar that exhibited the typical Bolivar earthiness. However, the earthiness was well-behaved and refined, creating a fantastic balance with the coffee flavors in the cigar. The tobacco was obviously well-aged, having that characteristic toastiness that I appreciate so. There were some excellent toasted nut flavors to compliment the earthiness of the cigar. As the end came near, there was a burst of what I qualify as a cardamon-like spice...a flavor that I tend to find in many aged cigars (typcally beyond the 7 year mark).

This was the best Bolivar PC that I have ever smoked. Perfect in just about every way. I'll give it a strong A (93-94).

Everyone has been raving about these aged Boli PC's lately. As if the more recent ones weren't good enough! You make it sound irresistible, Dawg. Fortunately, I won't have to resist for long... just waiting until they stabilize in the humi! Thanks again for a good read.

» Bolivar PC together with H.Upmann PC the best in Petit Corona size that

» Cuba offers IMHO!

»

» Only one that comes close is Siglo II but at twice the price.... :-(

Shhhh.....Upmann PC's are RANCID. Nobody wants those. Go get a nice JL PC instead. :-P

• 4 weeks later...

I smoked one of these today - don't know the codes.

It showed cocoa, coffee, savory spice, toastiness - all wonderful.

Something in the first third caught me off guard though - a flavor I can only describe

as apple - not tart, sharp apples, but maybe baked apples that have cooled off.

In combination with the rest, simply outstanding. It became a bit more earthy after

the halfway mark, but everything stayed nicely in balance. One of those

"happily surprising" cigars. On this day, it rates a 95