Check out these member pics !!!!

Fantastic pics Matty (and thanks for posting Rob)!! What an amazing time. I am so jealous as my hunting and fishing time has been reduced dramatically due to those things like work.

» Fantastic pics Matty (and thanks for posting Rob)!! What an amazing

» time. I am so jealous as my hunting and fishing time has been reduced

» dramatically due to those things like work.

NO DOUBT!! I used to hunt and fish all the time, but work gets in the way. :-(

Man those are some SERIOUS fish!!

Barramundi are one of the great eating fish of the world. While very similar looking to Bass, they are actually a giant Perch. Also a great sports fish.

Wild boar from this part of Australia are so full of parasites that you really cannot eat them unless you know what you are looking for. Shame.

Those rock paintings are estimated at 20,000 years old.

Hi Marty!

Bloody decent fish mate.....I tend to throw that size back as they can be a little flavourless :lookaround:

We are having a looooong lunch today at Gambaro's. I wish you were here ;-)

Keep well at that mine in Moa! I look forward to catching up and partying hard in February!

• 2 years later...

FOH members Matty and PJ Byrne, Stefan Pichler, Graeme Marriot and Des Park (all former FOH Cuba tourists ;-) ) returned last week from our Arnhemland Pig Shooting and Barramundi Fishing Tour.

Arnhemland is in the Northern wastelands of Australia. Where the hunting and fishing takes place is over 160 kilometers from the nearest Aboriginal settlement and 600 kilometers from a major town. We are talking virgin wilderness where the two dominant species are wild boar and big salt water crocodiles. Check out the picture of the croc amongst the beached fishing boats. When you join us downunder for one of these tours, you will quickly get use to fishing in small boats surrounded by Salt Water Crocs. Don't worry, we have a guide on the bank with a high powered rifle just in case. He doesn't miss often ;-)

Thanks for the photo's Matty. They capture perfectly everything that we believe in here at FOH.

*** for the fishermen out there....the boys caught approximately 100 Barramundi...each...in 15 hours fishing over 4 days :-P ***

image1261.jpg

image1262.jpg

image1263.jpg

image1264.jpg

image1265.jpg

image1266.jpg

image1267.jpg

image1268.jpg

image1269.jpg

image1270.jpg

image1271.jpg

image1272.jpg

image1273.jpg

image1274.jpg

image1275.jpg

image1276.jpg

Hey Matty - looks like you had some great weather as well - nothing like a late dry in the NT! Shame poor old Des could only manage to catch some bait ....... !

For all the members around the world, you just cannot beat the thrill of catching something like a barra - the heat, the mateship, the crocs, the beer, the heartache of losing one after a fight & the snap & sizzle of the lure when they jump. And to cook, simple is best - fire, lemon, wild ginger & tuck in with fingers (does go very well with goanna). Here's one that jumped in the boat while I was living up there in Jabiru.

image1283.jpg