Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro

beautiful looking cigar and have tried a few. Always thought that they were quite young - still do. Look inspires anticipation of power and strength. Opens quite mildly with some attractive honey and nuts. Good complexity. There is a slight herbal note and a hint of green. The problem, and I suspect purely one of youth rather than the cigar itself, was the burn. Soon became ragged and required constant attention. Couldn’t rectify it and it was a negative. Leaving it for a couple of years will help the slight hint of green and also help fix the ragged burn. What really surprised ne was how mild this was throughout. Doesn’t tie in with previous notes or memories, at least not to this extent. Nothing wrong with that but it was tending almost to bland. It would, in this form, be a lovely cigar for someone wanting a long slow smoke for a lazy afternoon but not one when after the serious smoke. Needless to say, Mr Nee describes it as having “Tremendous ageing potential”. I’d be holding off for a few years and thinks that things could look much improved. 88.

Ken, if you find these on the mild side, and somewhat bland now, do you feel aging

will help improve flavor, or merely help with the green notes?

Or, to put it another way, do you feel they have the backbone to improve with age?

enjoyed one of these babies in the 'casa del fumar' about 4 weeks ago, stick was courtesy of ALB. I would agree with everything you have stated Ken. Bueatiful honey and nut notes throughout. A very mellow cigar to spend a saturday afternoon with!!

Looks Great - Less Filling. They look great and I like dark wrappers b ut the flavor does not match the look. I do like them and I am aging half a box. I guess I just expect a little more out of a DC. SLRDC and P Lusi are worlds above.

As always Ken your reviews are spot on. Habanablue was the lucky repcipient of 1 one of these puppies I brought back from Cuba. Really enjoyed the smoothness of the cigar, luckily I didn't encounter the burn problems you experienced.

Only have 2 left so will be letting them rest for a while before I touch them again.

I am increasingly becoming a fan of the VRs, just consistently good smokes.