cuaba salomones

Ken Gargett

Have tried a couple of these in the last month. The positive thing is that I can say that both of them are better than any of this smoke that I have tried before. Which is a bit like saying that one has finally found a sauv blanc that isn’t completely abhorrent. These really are a bog average smoke for the expectations. One could say that they are fair but surely one expects more. They seem uneven and often have a really poor draw, in that they are so loose and easy. Occasionally a burnt road note comes in. I wonder if part of the problem is that these are really difficult smokes to roll properly. When you try one of this shape from a star roller like Hamlet, you soon see how could they can be. Whey then should these be so average? I wonder if because the rollers making these are not quite top rung and with these, there is nowhere to hide. The first of several was the best of them. It was one of those with much lighter colour. Again, an easy draw but much less of a wind tunnel than previous efforts. Flavours of dry hay, earth and toast. Did have a slight hard bitter note, fairly minimal, right at the finish. Had a good even burn and it built in flavours throughout finishing quite powerfully. Certainly, the best of this smoke that I have tried and closer to what one would wish but... Is this all? 88.

» My experience has been disappointing, to say the least. "Burnt road note"

» would be an improvement, IMO.

Just hold on to them.

I had my first when the Seahawks should have won the superbowl and was very disappointed. Mild, woody and grassy with little else to offer.

Fast forward 8 months or so. I smoked one during a poker game last week and was very pleasently suprised. The flavors came through very nicely, with a wonderful carmelly herbal flavor. I couldn't believe these were the same cigar!

I was not expecting such a nice smoke, It really made me change my mind on these. Just hold out on them for a while, you might be suprised as well!

Just hold out on them for a while, you might be suprised as well!

i've tried these both young and with a few years on them and most in between. tried them from a range of sources - rob, cuba and some i picked up from a store in spain (apols rob, i was travelling and running short tho this seems to have been the best of all sources for some odd reason, though with some other smokes, especially trinidads, the reverse is true). i really feel that they should be good but they are so often the ultimate disappointment. i would love to be proved wrong.

» » My experience has been disappointing, to say the least. "Burnt road

» note"

» » would be an improvement, IMO.

»

»

» Just hold on to them.

»

» I had my first when the Seahawks should have won the superbowl and was

» very disappointed. Mild, woody and grassy with little else to offer.

»

» Fast forward 8 months or so. I smoked one during a poker game last week

» and was very pleasently suprised. The flavors came through very nicely,

» with a wonderful carmelly herbal flavor. I couldn't believe these were the

» same cigar!

»

» I was not expecting such a nice smoke, It really made me change my mind on

» these. Just hold out on them for a while, you might be suprised as well!

worst super bowl ever. i have one sitting in my humi, they're intimidating. i let it sit awhile longer.

» Certainly not a favourite of mine but good friend Stefan of Virgin Blue

» swears by them and prefers them over anything else.

i hope he runs airlines better than he selects smokes (that coming from someone who in a week with qantas had a 14 hour delay out of darwin, luggage lost, stuff smashed and soaked on another trip, avoided another 6 hour delay only when gave up dealing with desk staff and rang headquarters in sydney and was in a plane that was charging down the runway at top speed and suddenly decided to hang out the anchors. great fun. then when i tried to discuss it with qantas, who kept telling me how much they cared but their hands were tied etc etc, proved how much they did care by hanging up mid call. then told me how much they cared again next call (if they tape these calls fro training, do they ever listen to them?). only got someone to listen when i mentioned the words, 'and you'll be appearing in the article as well'. it should ebe out next month.