Rapheal Gonzales

Does any1 have an opinion one thes? One of the few Cuban cigar lines that I havent tried yet. You dont hear much on them so was wondering the flavor of them( tasteing notes).

Are they worth getting a box of.

RG marca is one of the few marcas that does not appeal to my palate. I know many vetren Habanos smokers that absolutely love the flavor. Might I suggest that you order a few singles and try them before commiting to a box purchase.:lookaround:

I've only tried the panatelas extra and really like them a lot...can be had for a really nice price.

Since the PE is all I've had of the line, I really don't feel qualified to get into the flavor profile of the brand. Having said that though, I'll buy all the PE's I can get my mitts on:-D

I agree a few singles in the way to go.

» Does any1 have an opinion one thes? One of the few Cuban cigar lines that

» I havent tried yet. You dont hear much on them so was wondering the

» flavor of them( tasteing notes).

»

» Are they worth getting a box of.

The lonsdales and the PC's are my favorites but a good box of any will shine with the best of Habanos. I have always considered them a "highline" cigar myself. Least favorite is the Tres Petit Lonsdale owed to my last box which were not really very good. You owe it to yourself to experience them and make your own decision. Along with being an exceptional smoke, I have always thought the RG Petit Corona a very good value. -Piggy

Once upon a time one of my favourite Marques. The Rafael Corona Gonzales Extra is one of the great light bodied cigars of the world (alongside the Juan Lopez Seleccion No 1). While light in body it has stunning flavour complexity......at it's best.

Along with Sancho Panza no other brand has suffered more from lack of love and interest from within Habanos. 2003 and 2004 efforts have been ordinary compared to the step up in quality experienced eslewhere.

If you can find a great box...pick one up. MAKE SURE however that your retailer chooses a superb box. There are plenty of crappy ones about.

Just smoked my first on Saturday. A Rafael Gonzalez Coranas Extra. The cigar was very mile, almost delicate. The draw was a bit firmer than I prefer, but smoke production was adequate to taste the cigar. Light wood and herbal notes on the front end that developed to some sweet spice and slight caramel on the back. All flavors were subtle and took some concentration to identify.

I believe these to be fantastic morning cigars with a cup of coffee. Light, complex, very nice.

Oh yeah, there were from 01.

The PE's someone mentioned above are a great mixed filler smoke that can be had for exremely good prices.

I have had a number of CE's, and if they're on they're just as the Pres described - mild, but a real flavor factory. Problem with these is they are overtight a lot of the time.

I have a box of Lonsdales coming that I look forward to sampling - I know a few long term smokers that claim these as a favorite.

Definitely try some singles first - they disappoint some folks who are looking for power, but they can be a pleasant surprise.