Buying To Age

What recent productions are you guys buying in hordes to age and not smoke for quite a while? Not particularly asking for what have you bought that you deemed not ready and laid down. Rather, what have you bought in bulk only to age?

Me?

Reyes.

Mag 46

RASS

Fundies

PSP2

Sig VI

I have others I have bought to age a year or so before breaking but the above were purchased and wrapped in wrapping paper with notes on them in Santa's handwriting that says Do Not Open Until X-Mas 2010! Will I miss out on their peak? Doubt it. Will I be the smartest man alive when the time comes to smoke them? Hells yeah!

Cohiba Robustos

Trinidad Robusto Extras

Monte #2

JLS #2

Edmundos

25 Sig VI Tubos

PSD #4's

RASS

ANNNDDD drumroll please..... Partagas SD#3 2006 EL! :-D

I have a load of singles I will be smoking while these all lay to rest.

Fundis, Lanceros, Choix's, RyJ Ex#4, PSP #2 and Esplindido's are on the current mental list to store as soon as I can get my hands on em'.

Specifically to age:

Monte 2

Cohiba Lancero

Coiba Robusto

Ramon Allones Specially Selected

Juan Lopez Seleccion No 1

Punch Punch Cabs

SLR Double Corona Cabs

Sancho Panza Molinos

Bolivar Royal Corona

Trinidad Reyes

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo De Dieux

Por Larranaga Petit Corona (shortly)

Partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 1 & 3

Hoyo De Monterrey Le Hoyo De Dieux

La Gloria Cubana Medaille D'or No 1 & 4

La Gloria Cubana Tainos

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No 1

Cohiba Corona Especialles

Sancho Panza Molinos

i visited the 'deep storage' this morning and added a cab of SLR DC's from 05 (less two - you have to at least try them). and removed the last cab of PSS and some early siglo vi, a few hamlet robustos and a few other mixed things. to be honest, would like to have left the lot in there but you have to have something to smoke.

i have a a theory that at the moment, so many people are putting money into the absurdly priced 2005 bordeaux vintage that importers of top burgundy are struggling and so there are some great buys there. hence, the cigar budget took a hiding, otherwise i'd be adding a cab of PLPC's. rob, next lunch, i won't be hard to convince on those.

lisa and i have an uinderstanding. she understands that i'll bug her to death unless she comes up with what i want/need. that said, i still have to pay for my box of older sticks so i think i am shot. and just found more wine that i have not yet paid for. i think i'll be PLPC-less this year.

» At this point it is hard for me to imagine hiding anything away until 2010,

» I am not that patient, maybe it will come to me with age.

I am not patient enough to even age myself! But if you buy enough you can't possibly smoke everything and things will get age on them by default.

Ken Gargett wrote: i visited the 'deep storage' this morning and added a cab of SLR DC's from 05 (less two - you have to at least try them).

Rob told me that Ken's 'deep storage' is a drawer at the city morgue. I understand it's the only place he is reluctant to raid when he's drunk in the middle of the night.

I have found that those paper wrappers that say do not touch are not strong enough to hold me out. I will try to stay out of some Part. SD4 Reserva, RA 8-9-8, Cohiba Sig VI and Corona Especiales. I have decided that I like smoking more than looking at them in a box. That said I have almost half a box of everything that I am aging.

Guest boss hogg

I'm thinking about a cab of Boli CGs to age. They are wonderful with a few years on them.

I'm torqued that I'm down to 7 of the '04 Siglo VI box of 10