Montecristo 3 Review

Last night I busted open a box of Monte 3s from 1999. I have enjoyed all the Montes I have had so far, but noticed that there has been some difference of opinion about these in reviews I've read. Some of this may be because this is just a size up from the famous and beloved Monte 4, an icon in the cigar world. Rob here at CigarCzar has cautioned that the Monte 3s can be inconsistent, and he knows his business.

Well the one that I had was a beauty. It had a dark, rich look to it, great cocoa smell, and was perfectly constructed. It lit nicely, and burned evenly throughout the hour it took to smoke. It drew well--and most important, it tasted great. Lots of cocoa, and lots of citrus and spice. I noticed some muting of the flavor at about the halfway point, as the strength of this cigar seemed to develop.

Sometimes willingness to try an off size, or less popular size, can be rewarded. I look forward to seeing whether the rest of this box is so consistently good, I guess I will just have to test that out, one cigar at a time.

it tasted great. Lots of cocoa, and lots of citrus and

» spice.

Spot on. These along with the Monte 4 are some of the most improved (construction wise) cigars coming out of Havana.

Great reveiw :ok:

I have been smoking from boxes of '98 Monte #3's. They are wonderfully rich in flavor, with complex bittersweet cooking spices, and a little cocoa and pepper on the finish. One of the very best Montecristo's ever!