Partagas Seleccion Privada No. 1 (DNU CCUT)

I have smoked two of these in the last 48 hours and thought I would provide some feedback on my experiences:

Partagas Seleccion Privada No. 1 (DNU CCUT)

Both cigars were a medium-brown with a very nice colorado hue. The wrappers both had some significant veins and the seams were a little loose. I think some of that was just an age "thing" as there seemed to be some contraction of the wrapper tobacco (my theory being that they might not have always been stored in a good of conditions as they are now). Regardless, the triple-cap was flawless. The nose was wonderful, with leather and sweet-earth predominant, but some spice on the top. I clipped both...the cigar one Sunday has a bit of a loose draw (maybe an underfill), but the one yesterday was perfect.

I lit both with a torch and they took fire easily. The draws remained consistent, with the one Sunday being just a little too loose and the one yesterday being perfect. Smoke production from both was excellent. Each puff drew out copious mouthfuls of thick, rich smoke. The burn on both was dead even as well. The ash was medium-firm and medium-gray with good striations. The cigar Sunday burned cool down to a nub, the cigar yesterday got hot at the 1 1/2 inch mark...I nursed it for a few more puffs.:-P

Ah, now the taste. I won't focus on the taste of the Sunday cigar as it was a bit underfilled and it was a bit breezy where I was smoking. The cigar yesterday, however, wow. This cigar, at least to my palate, is the most "Partagas" cigar out there. It seems to deliver all the best of the marca. It started out with leather and earth mixed in a very nice combination. After about 1/2 inch, the richness began to wind up and the leather notes just popped. After about 1/3 of the cigar the spice started to build and the cigar became even richer. As I continued to smoke, the cigar maintained this leather/earth/spice balance. Some citrus was noted on the finish, but not much in the actual smoke. Finally, as I approached the final 1/3, the cocoa started to make an appearance and helped close out the flavors in nice harmony. A wonderful tasting cigar.

I really enjoy this cigar. I have smoked a number of them from this box and all have been excellent. Hard to find little suckers, though. I rate this cigar an A (93-94)...almost an A+, but not quite.

Very nice review! I like the packaging of this cigar with a unique dress box. As for the cigar itself I am smoking through some OSU AGO00's at this time. They have all been perfect from a construction standpoint. As you pointed out this is a classic Partagas... a bit in your face and more rustic than most of it's lonsdale and dalia stable mates. I also find that the aroma from the Privada hangs in the air a bit more than most other cigars from this marca.

» Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Can't you keep a secret?

No **** loud mouth. Now everybody will be looking for these and that is less for us. I think mine are the 00 year and do run on the tight side but the flavor in the top three all time for me. Wished I had three more boxes.

» Love them....miss them :crying:

I know what you mean. Why do they discontinue all of my favorites? Punch Super Selection No. 2, Partagas Seleccion Privada No. 1, H Upmann Super Corona, and the list goes on. It sucks, that's what it does.:angry:

Ah, I feel much better now. Thank you for the opportunity to rant.:-D