Juan Lopez Sel. #2 (Jan. \'03)

Juan Lopez Seleccion #2 - 4 7/8" x 50 - January '03

Wrapper was a medium brown and very oilywith some minor veins. It was firm to the touch and the cigar had a pre-light aroma of wood and grassiness. (maybe the grassiness was an indication that it was still a bit young)

Gave it a guillotine cut and with a few draws the cigar came to life.

From the start the cigar had a lot of punch to it, very spicy and beany. The flavors were head on, which was a bit unexpected, and the cigar became even more full bodied as it went on. Half way down the cigar remained spicy and also chocolately and woody. Very creamy with a nice finish. The last third was good with the smoke with still a lot "bite" to it. Suprisingly very full-bodied, if I had know how strong it was going to be I probably would have smoke it afer a nice meal.

I had to touch up a few times. Nice draw, delivering tons of smoke. Burned evenly throughout and the ash was a nice gray that held well.

Pretty affordable Robusto. Foung it to be worth the price. Very good Robusto, maybe top 5.

Thanks for the review and I have some of the same age class. I agree that they are not a light and wimpy cigar. They are very flavorful wit complexity all over the place.