Boli PC

Hey guys,

This is my newb review post... inspired by a relatively fresh Bolivar Petite Corona.

This tiny little flavor stick was gifted by one great friend, and BOTL... Wilkey. Let me preface this by mentioning that the ISOM's I had before, were not exactly my cup of tea.. to say the least. :-) Anyway, after being "estranged" from ISOMs for a while... I was given this little bad boy. I must also add that up until this point, I tended to prefer only fat ring gauge smokes... so, I didn't think mych of this stick when it was first given to me. So I recently decided to give it a shot.. and I must say DAMN!!! I can't believe the flavor in this little cigar.

The prelight was rather mellow... not like barnyard, but also not like ammonia. Pre-light draw followed in step, with an almost raisin flavor. Then I torched it.. keep in mind, that at this point is still was skeptical.

So I lit this badboy up, and from the first puff.... WOW!! :-D :-P It was a basic, sweet tobacco flavor with what seemed like hints like muted black cherry... quite intriguing, I must say. This flavor stayed consistent straight through, yet never got boring. After this smoking experience, I can say Bolivar's are definetly for me!! For sure.

Steve

It was

» a basic, sweet tobacco flavor with what seemed like hints like muted black

» cherry... quite intriguing, I must say. This flavor stayed consistent

» straight through, yet never got boring. After this smoking experience, I

» can say Bolivar's are definetly for me!! For sure.

»

» Steve

Great review!

That is what i enjoy about Boli pc's so much. The flavors change numerous times but keeps that great tobacco twang all the way to the nub. I just got a box of Nov 05' Boli Pc in the mail and had to fire one up right away. Delicious! :hungry:

» Nice review! There are a lot of small ring habanos out there with lots of

» flavor. Your search is just beginning! Enjoy!

Hi Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed the Boli. I found a few specimens from that lot to be a bit tight but there's just no stopping the Boli flavor.

I recommend you pick up some Bolivar Coronas Gigantes from Rob...they will absolutely blow your socks off!

Wilkey

» » Nice review! There are a lot of small ring habanos out there with lots

» of

» » flavor. Your search is just beginning! Enjoy!

»

» Hi Steve,

»

» I'm glad you enjoyed the Boli. I found a few specimens from that lot to be

» a bit tight but there's just no stopping the Boli flavor.

»

» I recommend you pick up some Bolivar Coronas Gigantes from Rob...they will

» absolutely blow your socks off!

»

» Wilkey

Wilkey is right on recomending the CE, full in your face flavor with a little more girth. I think the Boli is the #1 PC and due to the stronger flavors the cigars is quite a bomb for its size. I too have seen a few tight ones and that is unfortunate. The whole Boli line is top notch. I agree with Min Ron NEE that if restricted to one line the Bolikvar would be it.

» » Nice review! There are a lot of small ring habanos out there with lots

» of

» » flavor. Your search is just beginning! Enjoy!

»

» Hi Steve,

»

» I'm glad you enjoyed the Boli. I found a few specimens from that lot to be

» a bit tight but there's just no stopping the Boli flavor.

»

» I recommend you pick up some Bolivar Coronas Gigantes from Rob...they will

» absolutely blow your socks off!

»

» Wilkey

I may just do that Wilkey... indeed. :-P

Steve

» » » Nice review! There are a lot of small ring habanos out there with lots

» » of

» » » flavor. Your search is just beginning! Enjoy!

» »

» » Hi Steve,

» »

» » I'm glad you enjoyed the Boli. I found a few specimens from that lot to

» be

» » a bit tight but there's just no stopping the Boli flavor.

» »

» » I recommend you pick up some Bolivar Coronas Gigantes from Rob...they

» will

» » absolutely blow your socks off!

» »

» » Wilkey

»

» Wilkey is right on recomending the CE, full in your face flavor with a

» little more girth. I think the Boli is the #1 PC and due to the stronger

» flavors the cigars is quite a bomb for its size. I too have seen a few

» tight ones and that is unfortunate. The whole Boli line is top notch. I

» agree with Min Ron NEE that if restricted to one line the Bolikvar would

» be it.

At this point in what I have sampled... I would agree. Although, I am not a huge fan of the BBF's.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

» I really enjoy this cigar (when they aren't plugged)

I've smoked a lot of these. Never had a plugged one. Lately, though, I've preferred the Coronas Extra to the PC. It's stronger & has more earthy flavor that I like.

this might make me the odd man out but i must say one last friday left me distinctly underwhelmed, tho started well. Raisins. Buckets of rich, ripe raisins, was my first impression and it was a terrific opening. Full flavours that persisted. Appearance was very much the milk chocolate colours with a box press shape. Construction was fine. The youthful aspects did emerge and the burn was good, quite slow, but a little ragged, especially as we moved past the half way mark. I expected/hoped that the raisiny notes would be joined by other flavours but, other than a little spiciness and an ever-growing earthiness, that didn’t happen. It remained a fairly simple smoke. The earthiness continued to grow and actually morphed into a downright unpleasant grubby character, so much so that I didn’t bother finishing it. What had started promisingly ended poorly. I would struggle to be convinced to smoke another. 78.