MAY Blind Tasting Cigar Revealed

Need 8 Volunteers :-D

Count off 1-8

You cannot have been a blind tasting reviewer previously in 2006 (we need to share he love).

Will be shipped first week May. When you have counted to 8 on both hands...e-mail Lisa your confirmation as a taster, the number you are (1-8) and your shipping details.

:-P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in 2 (i think)

» Need 8 Volunteers :-D

»

» Count off 1-8

»

» You cannot have been a blind tasting reviewer previously in 2006 (we need

» to share he love).

»

» Will be shipped first week May. When you have counted to 8 on both

» hands...e-mail Lisa your confirmation as a taster, the number you are

» (1-8) and your shipping details.

»

» :-P

» Need 8 Volunteers :-D

»

» Count off 1-8

»

» You cannot have been a blind tasting reviewer previously in 2006 (we need

» to share he love).

»

» Will be shipped first week May. When you have counted to 8 on both

» hands...e-mail Lisa your confirmation as a taster, the number you are

» (1-8) and your shipping details.

»

» :-P

Shoot! Im always late on this. Maybe next time.

• 3 weeks later...

This was a lovely and well-constructed Churchill. The wrapper was of moderate thickness, finely veined, and was the color of medium stained oak. It was not obviously oily, but when held to the light it exhibited a uniform glow. This was not a hefty cigar, but was firm and evenly rolled. The triple cap was well-applied. There was no evidence of box press.

There were inviting pre-light scents of rich, toasted tobacco and a mild but distinct barnyard aroma. It lit easily, and burned very evenly and cleanly for about an hour and a half. There were no runs or corrections needed.

It was not tightly rolled. This was an easy drawing cigar, but within acceptable limits, and it produced consistent volumes of smooth, light-grey, medium-bodied smoke with each single draw. The first few mouthfuls were moderately strong, lightly peppered, woody, and had the distinct musty spice that to me characterizes the H. Upmann marque. But which Churchill was it?

As the cigar progressed into its second third, I savored vanilla, creamy coffee, honey-drizzled cinnamon toast, and a very subtle tang that lingered in the mouth. The aroma was one of lightly spiced, freshly baked bread. The finish was delicate and sophisticated. It tasted to me like a Sir Winston, but the easy draw and moderately thick wrapper inclined me to guess it was more likely a Monarch A/T, with perhaps three years of box age. Still, I judged it to be young enough to make the distinction a difficult one.

I enjoyed every minute of this refined and elegant cigar, and smoked it to a length of two inches before extinguishing. Easily worthy of a box purchase, I would rate this smoke a 92. In a few more years, it could become a classic.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in this tasting and review.

Rob,

I haven't received my Cigar Yet. Can you confirm if I am getting it. I signed up as number two.

Or should I just take the hint???? :-)

Ross...

» Great Review Shrink!

»

» Looking forward to the others :cool:

I smoked mine last night whilst enjoying the big fight. Suffice to say I'd consumed so much liquor that I don't really remember it all to well :lookaround: I've not read the above review so lets see now how close I get.

Churchill of immaculate construction.

Slight tear on the boot, obviously shipping damage.

The burn was fantastic indicating a little age.

Earthy with a vague hint of coffee.

Nice full body with great consistancy.

Err as I said I don't really remember much.

Although it has been some time since I've had one from the moment I saw it I though Bolivar. So I'd say it was a Bolivar Churchill.

» Ross.

»

» Lise sent them out. Just pop in mate ;-)

Wife just informed me that a package just arrived from Oz. I assume its the mistery cigar. Will try to smoke it this weekend when I get home, otherwise, next weekend at the latest.

Rob & Lisa,

I have to now eat my words, after checking my PO BOX on the way home there it was. Will look forward to smoking the little guy, the size of it will take me a month to smoke.

Ross...

» Ross.

»

» Lise sent them out. Just pop in mate ;-)