Montecristo Joyitas

I received a few of these from FOH member Ginseng to try out. He has been singing the praises of these diminutive sticks after learning the appropriate technique for smoking them. These were sourced from Czar loose, and are presumed to be recent production.

After clipping, the cigar appeared to be horribly plugged. Upon closer inspection, I realized that there was excess tobacco wadded up under the cap. Gently picking away the little clump revealed a nice little dimple and a firm, but good draw.

I lit the cigar and took my first draw. I had been advised to take very small puffs, so as not to overheat the cigar and to smoke slowly. I was immediately hit with intense flavors of chocolate and coffee bean. What was amazing was how such little amount of smoke had so much punch to it. Smoke production picked up further along, but the small puffs I was taking restricted the total smoke volume. (For reference, I smoked this cigar in the living room of my apartment with the window open, and the following morning, there was no smell of smoke whatsoever.)

The aroma while smoking was incredible. After each puff, I couldn't resist inhaling some smoke through the nose because of how terrific it smelled. When I took a puff, I would stop once I saw the wrapper develop a red "ring of fire". By resisting the urge to just take a full draw, I was able to make this little cigar last a full hour! Incredibly, it never went out despite how slowly I was smoking.

The flavors maintained the rich coffee bean flavor and picked up some spiciness toward the end. This was a fantastic smoke and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to smoke one. The cost, relative to size, of these little smokes might discourage many from ever giving them a shot, but I am certainly going to have to pick up a box of these at some point. The experience they provide is unique and enjoyable enough to justify the cost for the sake of an infrequent treat.

Thanks to Rob for supplying such excellent cigars, and a hearty "Thank you" to Wilkey for affording me my first experience with the Laguito No.3 vitola.

Elliot

edit: moved to correct forum

Very fine review, Elliot! I love these little suckers and intend on ordering a box or two from Rob in the coming month.

BTW, what kind of coffee was it that you tasted? Jamaica Blue Mountain? Sumatra Medehling? :-D

I still can't believe no one took you to task for posting that hilarious spoof review in the March Mystery cigar taste test thread. That was brilliant! :ok:

Wilkey

» BTW, what kind of coffee was it that you tasted? Jamaica Blue Mountain?

» Sumatra Medehling? :-D

»

» I still can't believe no one took you to task for posting that hilarious

» spoof review in the March Mystery cigar taste test thread. That was

» brilliant! :ok:

»

» Wilkey

Hehe, either the members here were wise enough not to acknowledge my mischief, or too polite to call "caca del toro" on me...