UPMANN MAGNUM 50 FAKES

Ken Gargett

queries were raised earlier about some upmann magnum 50s LE's under curious bands and if they could be fakes - this is the response from havana. they have promised to send me photos when they are ready but this sounds like those under both bands are fakes (unfortunately, due to innate technical incompetence, even if they send me the photo, there is no guarantee that i will be able to get it on to the site but will think of something, which will probably involve asking rob).

"Definitely were fakes. No shipments to Mexico will be done in the next weeks. Normally we introduce the novelties in Europe through Spain, France, Germany and Switzerland. Some weeks after those releases (unless a special reason exists to do it first) we keep going to the Middle East, Africa and Asia. The Limited Editions 2005 are going to be available during the summer. Counterfeiting usually occurs that’s why people must learn to avoid purchasing cigars on the streets or bad reputation stores. Bear in mind that Special Series are only aimed to Las Casas del Habano worldwide."

This is very intersting Ken. I was under th impression that an executive of Habanos S.A. was present at the LCdH Tijuana with these Mag 50's.

Not doubting your sources, just confused and possibly misinformed.

yes - from checking around the web, it did seem that there was a presentation of some sort in tijuana and if it didn't take place then it all seemed an enormously elaborate set up. there just seems to be far too much about this floating around for it not to have happened. i have emailed my mate over there (he is well placed but not at the very highest levels so may not be aware of this) to find out if both the cigars mentioned were fakes and not just the different banded ones. and trying to get him to clarify re tijuana. soon as i get a response, i'll let you know.

» yes - from checking around the web, it did seem that there was a

» presentation of some sort in tijuana and if it didn't take place then it

» all seemed an enormously elaborate set up. there just seems to be far too

» much about this floating around for it not to have happened. i have

» emailed my mate over there (he is well placed but not at the very highest

» levels so may not be aware of this) to find out if both the cigars

» mentioned were fakes and not just the different banded ones. and trying to

» get him to clarify re tijuana. soon as i get a response, i'll let you know.

Lol, he probable heard "Mexico" and assumed fakes...

da8f.jpg?phfoMuCBJ9rS2eC_

This does look like Manuel Garcia signing a couple boxes of Mag 50's, and that's David, the TJ franchise owner, in the background.

many thanks for that - being a complete technophobe, i couldn't even get the photo up on my system but i wonder if you could be so kind as to try sending it direct to me at [email protected] and i'll shoot it through and see if we can get the final word. might also try finding out the quantity that went to tijuana as from looking around the web (after much effort, i worked out how to do this all by my lonesome and am very proud of myself) there seems to be a hell of a lot of them out there. i guess we are no wiser as to whether the 'other bands' are real or fake (i'd be surprised if the 'other bands' were real unless specifically done for the event in mexico).

» many thanks for that - being a complete technophobe, i couldn't even get

» the photo up on my system but i wonder if you could be so kind as to try

» sending it direct to me at [email protected] and i'll shoot it

» through and see if we can get the final word. might also try finding out

» the quantity that went to tijuana as from looking around the web (after

» much effort, i worked out how to do this all by my lonesome and am very

» proud of myself) there seems to be a hell of a lot of them out there. i

» guess we are no wiser as to whether the 'other bands' are real or fake

» (i'd be surprised if the 'other bands' were real unless specifically done

» for the event in mexico).

E-mail sent Ken.