Romeo y Julieta Cazadores (REC SEP02)

The weather was beautiful here in Charlottesville today, so I sat out back with the dogs, built a fire in the fire pit, and lit up a RYJ Cazadores. Wonderful outside cigar. Here are my thoughts...

Romeo y Julieta Cazadores (REC SEP02)

This was a great looking cigar. Leather, medium-brown wrapper with a couple of veins. The seams were practically invisible and the triple-flagged cap was expertly applied. The pre-light bouquet was of leather and earth, with significant wood as a backing. I clipped the cigar and tested the draw...perfect.

I put the torch to it and lit it up...the draw stayed perfect and the smoke production was huge. Great billows of smoke greeted my every puff. The smoke was thick, perfect for smoke rings. The cigar burned dead even throughout the entire cigar...never a touch-up needed. The ash was medium to dark brown and firm, requiring me to physically knock it off to ash. The cigar burned cool down to a nub. Fantastic construction.

The taste. Now, I have said in other posts that this is one of the few RYJs that I like. The taste is the reason. It is to the RYJ line what the Partagas de Partagas No. 1 is to Partagas. This cigar was rich, with lots of straight forward tobacco taste, wood, and leather. The profile did not change much as I smoked it except to pick up some strength near the midpoint. A fabulously rich, in-your-face cigar.

I liked this cigar. Great one to smoke out on the deck. Great flavors that you don't have to think much about. They are just right there. For a rating, I give this a B+ (88-89). I really enjoyed it, but not as well as the PdP No. 1.

Hey, Dawg... you're doing yeoman's duty here, suffering through all these cigars on behalf of the brotherhood. Don't overdose, now!

I have only smoked a couple of these, and they were only a year old. I was actually surpised at how smokeable they were that young, though it was obvious that they were still unripe. The flavors were like RyJ on steroids, good, but not worth a box at the time.

Reportedly, they are awesome with eight to ten years. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

As it name suggests "Cazadores" is the ultimate hunting of fishing cigar.

Campfire, first light , coffee on the boil, expectations of fish or game at a high....Cazadores time!

Great work Dawg :ok: