Padron 1964 Principe Natural MAR24 (FRWMay24)

I seem to get on these kicks where I only ever want to smoke the same thing every time for long stretches. 2022 was all about the half corona, Last year it was the Bolivar Petit Corona. This year so far it's been the Padron Principe. 

I can't seem to get enough of these. I bought a box recently and it's being depleted at a rapid rate. The QC tag inside was from the end of March so these are hot off the press. They have this musty earthy richness that I can't get enough of. These things are so damn consistent from stick to stick, box to box, year to year. Every single one is a banger. Great things come in small packages. 

At the moment I am reaching for these consistently above all other options. I'm sure I'll go onto another phase at some point, but for now these are ticking all the boxes for me.

I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy being in flavor heaven. I can't seem to go longer than 3 days without smoking one so I'm sure I'll have a chance to snag a photo later. 

What are y'all reaching for consistently these days?

• Like 2

• shortsmokes changed the title to Padron 1964 Principe Natural MAR24 (FRWMay24)
1 hour ago, shortsmokes said:

What are y'all reaching for consistently these days?

This (Padron 1964 Principe - Natural or Maduro) and the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story are two good choices for consistent, shorter Non-Cuban cigars nowadays.

The Padron 1964 natural is one of a kind. I also love the musty earthy richness that Padron 64 natural provides. I think the mustiness comes from their aged leaves. 

2 hours ago, VeguerosMAN said:

The Padron 1964 natural is one of a kind. I also love the musty earthy richness that Padron 64 natural provides. I think the mustiness comes from their aged leaves. 

They are amongst the best cigars in the world. Fantastic blend, draw, construction. Any size 64 is a winner, I love 'em.

Do these have any harsh pepper/earth to them?

Last 64' Maduro I had was when I was a strictly 100% CC smoker and I simply hated it due to the strong pepper/earth. Since, I've dove head first into Aganorsa/ Warped, Illusione, AF, Nudies etc and actually enjoy NCs now. I really need to give these another shot.

4 hours ago, Lt4-396 said:

Do these have any harsh pepper/earth to them?

Last 64' Maduro I had was when I was a strictly 100% CC smoker and I simply hated it due to the strong pepper/earth. Since, I've dove head first into Aganorsa/ Warped, Illusione, AF, Nudies etc and actually enjoy NCs now. I really need to give these another shot.

Please pair with black coffee. In my experience coffee tones down pepper notes and brings out sweeter notes in a cigar.

The ‘64 Principe is an all time cigar for me. It just delivers every time. I just picked up a box of them for way too cheap. One of my better purchases in a while. 

• Like 1